£30,487, rising annually to £32,982 Full Time, Permanent - Professional Ser
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Administrator to join our RIBA Studio team in the School of Architecture. We seek an experienced and dedicated individual who will thrive in a dynamic university setting. The role will involve student facing communication and support (online and in person), organising exams and examiners, professional accreditation and a variety of academic administrative management ranging from student records to financial management to name a few. The role is fast paced and rewarding working with students based in practices in the UK and abroad.
Oxford Brookes University is a leading modern institution dedicated to outstanding student experience and excellence. The role is within the Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment which is home to four schools providing specialist and interdisciplinary teaching, research and knowledge transfer across a breadth of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, including a number of international partnerships, and spanning a wide range of disciplines including but not limited to: architecture, arts, digital media, engineering and computing. Founded in 1927, the School of Architecture at Oxford Brookes University is a collaborative learning environment that fosters innovation and diversity.
Construction work is also currently underway for two cutting-edge sustainable buildings on the Headington Hill site bringing all of our faculty activity onto the same campus. More information about the build progress can be found here.
● Provide an effective enquiry response, managing all relevant telephone, email, face-to face and postal enquiries relating to the programmes from students, staff, stakeholders and visitors
● Design and implement processes and procedures to ensure enquiries and applications are dealt with comprehensively and efficiently
● Design and implement processes and procedures to ensure that students are progressed in line with programme requirements, ensuring that all steps are integrated with Faculty, University and external stakeholder requirements
● Liaise with external partners/stakeholders (ARB/RIBA) with respect to specific requirements (e.g. funding, PSRB requirements, Collaborative Partner requirements)
● Working closely with the relevant programme and Faculty staff, extract and assemble data and information relating to relevant programmes for internal and external purposes including for audits and PSRB requirements
● Organise programme information in shared drives & utilise University systems to maintain programme, student and enquirer information
● Deputise for the Administration Manager when required, to ensure team priorities are adequately planned and resourced in their absence.
You should have:
● A-levels (or equivalent qualification) or equivalent experience
● Ability to supervise and work collaboratively to achieve team goals
● Excellent organisational and time management skills
● Problem solving skills
● Own initiative
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills.
See person specification and job description for full details.
To have an informal discussion about the role and responsibilities, please contact Jennifer Sadeghi-Movahed, Faculty Academic Administration Manager [email protected]
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 22nd November
NB: International applicants will need to demonstrate their eligibility to work in the UK
CV and Personal Statement:
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
To email the post of Senior Administrator to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=157004 Closing Date : 22-Nov-2023 Vacancy ID : 157004 Faculty or Directorate : Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 30-Oct-2023