High School Leaver
UAC & EAS
available for Duration of program (minimum)
No residency requirements
For commencement Term 1 2023
The UNSW Scientia Scholarship has been established to encourage students who achieve a raw ATAR* score (or equivalent) of 99.90 or above in an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate, or equivalent qualification, to undertake full-time undergraduate study at UNSW.
The Scientia Scholars program offers a flexible and rewarding opportunity for students who enter UNSW under this prestigious scholarship. Additional benefits of the Scholarship include:
- Academic Mentors who are appointed to each Scientia scholar to provide advice and to support their academic progress.
- Invitations to a range of special events over the course of their studies such as Scientia Scholars Welcome, research seminars.
- Some Scientia Scholars are invited to be Student Ambassadors, who represent their Faculty at various events including Open Day, Information Day, School Visits and Parent and Student Evenings.
- Scientia Scholars are encouraged to apply to their Faculty to be considered for research assistant positions.
A student who accepts a UNSW Co-op Program Scholarship and is eligible for a Scientia Scholarship may accept both. However, they will receive a $5,000 once-off Scientia bonus payment in first year only. These students will remain eligible for all the other non-monetary benefits of the Scientia Scholarship.
The Scientia Scholarship may be deferred, if the offer of admission is officially deferred and no other tertiary education is undertaken in the meantime.
The Scientia scholarship cannot be held in conjunction with an Academic Achievement Award (AAA).
Payment of the scholarship is made on the condition that students are enrolled full-time in an eligible undergraduate degree program at UNSW, as at Census date in the year of award.
*Raw ATAR excluding adjustment factor points.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be commencing an eligible UNSW undergraduate degree program
- The scholarship is available to students in most undergraduate degree programs, except for the BMed MD program. Only a very limited number of scholarships may be available to students enrolling in the BMed MD program.
- Must have achieved a raw ATAR score (or equivalent) of 99.90 or above (not including adjustment factors) in an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate in the year prior to commencement of study at UNSW
- International applicants undertaking this qualification must be residing in Australia and attending an Australian High School to be considered.
- Australian Citizens undertaking an assessable international senior secondary qualification with an equivalent ATAR of 99.90 or above are also considered.
- Students who have completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) must achieve a score of 45 to be considered eligible.
- Must have submitted a UAC Undergraduate Admission application and listed UNSW as one of their preferences by the December Round 2 offer round (16 December 2022).
THERE IS NO APPLICATION REQUIRED FOR THE SCIENTIA SCHOLARSHIP.
Eligible candidates will be identified through their UAC application. The Scientia Scholarship is automatically awarded by UNSW to students who meet the Eligibility Criteria and are commencing undergraduate studies at UNSW in Term 1, 2023.