£30,487 rising annually to £32,982 Full Time, Permanent - Professional Ser
Oxford Brookes University is looking for a Schools & Colleges Liaison Officer to work as part of the Access and Outreach Team. The post holder will liaise with Schools and Colleges to deliver sustained and intensive outreach projects for students from under-represented groups. They will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of recruitment and widening participation strategies that meet the University's aims and objectives for UK student recruitment, particularly increasing participation from under- represented groups as described in the Access and Participation Plan.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. This is an exciting opportunity to work within the UK Recruitment & Admissions Team within the Marketing, Recruitment and Engagement directorate.
Overall Purpose of the post of Schools & Colleges Liaison Officer:
● Manage relationships with a portfolio of recruitment and widening participation target schools and colleges through developing relationships with key members of staff.
● Deliver an appropriately targeted portfolio of activities for schools and colleges, working with students from Primary school to Year 13, and occasionally with mature students.
● Oversee a portfolio of widening participation and/or recruitment projects. These may include the coordination of large scale events such as summer schools, or the design and delivery of long term engagement activities such as subject mentoring programmes.
● Develop and deliver talks and workshops in schools and colleges, aiming to increase awareness of the options available in Higher Education and at Oxford Brookes.
● Design and deliver aspiration and attainment-raising activities for groups of widening participation students in target schools and colleges.
Experience for the post of Schools & Colleges Liaison Officer:
We want to hear from candidates who have experience of;
● Awareness of Higher Education student recruitment and widening participation context.
● Experience of organising events.
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
● Experience of developing and delivering workshops or presentations.
● Related experience of working in an educational setting, including experience of working with young people.
At Oxford Brookes, inclusivity is one of our five guiding principles: we take positive steps to create an environment in which we celebrate, value and provide equal opportunity to all. We are committed to recruiting from the widest possible pool and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates who embrace our values, regardless of their background.
As a Disability Confident Employer we guarantee to interview any disabled applicant who meets the essential selection criteria.
Flexible working: we support work-life balance for all staff, including career breaks, job sharing, flexible hours, etc. The team is based in our recently refurbished offices on our Headington Campus, joining our colleagues who split our time flexibly between working from home and office working. The agile workspace is designed to offer various styles of working, such as collaborative spaces, Hybrid meeting spaces, individual workstations and a more relaxed setting of comfy sofas.
You will also enjoy the benefits of working at Oxford Brookes University with up to 38 days holiday, rising to 41 days holiday (this includes 13 Bank Holidays and Concessionary Days), a generous Local Government pension scheme (19.2% Employer contribution rate), cycle to work scheme and access to a variety of university facilities (Brookes Nursery, Gym and sports facilities). For more information about benefits please see the document 'All about Brookes' below.
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed. A copy of the DBS Codes of Practice concerning background checks is available for all applicants, upon request.
Please note this role will not attract sufficient points to obtain a sponsored Skilled Worker visa under the points based immigration system.
CV and Personal Statement :
As part of the application process all applicants are required to complete our online application form by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button below. All parts of the application form should be completed and in the section of the form called “Supporting Documents”, applicants must upload their CV and a Personal Statement. To complete the Personal Statement part of the application, applicants must download the Personal Statement document which is part of the advert below and complete the form, providing examples and explaining how they meet each item detailed on the document. The Personal Statement must then be uploaded to the application form along with the CV.
To email the role of School and Colleges Liaison Officer to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=157779 Closing Date : 26-Nov-2023 Vacancy ID : 157779 Faculty or Directorate : Marketing Recruitment and Recruitment Location : Headington Hill Site, Headington Campus For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 06-Nov-2023