Recruitment/Posting Title Rutgers Future Scholars Creative Arts Instructor
Posting Number 21TM0281
Department Rutgers Future Scholars Newark
Rutgers University- Newark (RU-N), an urban public research university and
anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise is
seeking a Creative Arts Instructor. The Rutgers Future Scholars program seeks
dynamic instructors to facilitate weekly courses for our rising 8th-12th grade
students participating in our annual pre-college Summer Institute. Instructor
responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Create and facilitate creative art courses for middle and high school
• Collaborate with colleagues and Curriculum Leaders on course curriculum to
enhance student learning and meet program objectives;
• Attend on-site training sessions and complete necessary online modules;
• Assess students based on participation, class performance and assignments;
• Foster and build appropriate mentoring relationships with students to
encourage and support the college-going culture;
• Chaperone class virtual trips.
Hours Per Week 19.5
Daily Work Shift
Position Salary $15-$20 per hour
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
•Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination
of education and/or experience;
•Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function,
good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• A minimum of 24 college credits with a combination of education and/or
experience in relevant field;
• Knowledge and skills in performing and/or visual art including videography,
painting, drawing, sculpting, performance art, yoga and/or dance;
• General knowledge of office administration and work organization including
competency with MS Office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Role requires occasional lifting and transportation of classroom supplies;
• Must have access to an appropriate workspace with laptop and internet to
facilitate virtual workshops and small group session.
Posting Open Date 06/07/2021
Posting Close Date 07/07/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Home Location Campus Rutgers University-Newark
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
What is the highest level of education you have completed?
High School Diploma/GED
Do you have up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function and computer literacy?
Do you possess knowledge and skills in performing and/or visual art including videography, painting, drawing, sculpting, performance art, yoga and/or dance?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
List of Professional References (contact Info)