A Message from the University
All University of Notre Dame faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated
against COVID-19 and provide verification of full vaccination. Faculty and
staff may apply for an exemption from the vaccination requirement for medical,
religious, or other strongly held beliefs. Those granted an exemption must
participate in weekly surveillance testing and continue to mask indoors while
on campus. FAQ
Job Title Robinson Community Learning Center AmeriCorps Member (7 month
position, serving with the Take Ten Program
The mission of the Robinson Community Learning Center (RCLC) is to welcome
community and Notre Dame partners that strengthen the Northeast Neighborhood
of South Bend through relationship building and educational opportunities. By
promoting innovation and excellence, the Center builds individual capacity and
enhances existing systems throughout South Bend. The work of the RCLC
addresses five goals to accomplish this mission: Hospitality, Education,
Partnership, Civic Engagement, and Sustainability.
The RCLC Take Ten Program aims to prevent youth violence by teaching conflict
resolution skills. It uses a school-based curriculum to provide the tools to
“Talk it Out, Walk it Out, or Wait it Out” as alternatives to violence.
The AmeriCorps member will work with the recruitment, placement, coordination,
training and support of college student volunteers implementing the Take Ten
curriculum in schools and other community sites, as well as participating in
program evaluation and assisting with development of curriculum materials.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinate Take Ten volunteer activities. This includes: development of
recruiting materials, attendance at recruitment events, outreach to local
colleges, placement and scheduling of volunteers, ongoing correspondence with
volunteers, coordination of orientation and team leader/manager meetings, and
semi-annual survey of volunteers.
• Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing Take Ten partners,
including schools and other community agencies, and conduct site visits to
Take Ten classrooms.
• Assist Take Ten Program Director with planning and implementation of program
expansion to include additional Take Ten sites both local and at a distance.
• Teach at least one section of Take Ten each week in a local school/agency
each semester. Given the possibility of COVID-related restrictions, some of
this instruction may be remote via Zoom or other platforms.
• Assist with program evaluation. This includes coordinating pre-post surveys
in all Take Ten classrooms, collecting and entering data, interviewing
participants, and scheduling research team.
• Assist in developing parent component for Take Ten. This may include
conducting focus groups with parents, presenting the Take Ten curriculum to
parents, creating lesson plans for working with parents, and
developing/implementing evaluation surveys for parents.
• Maintain records and paperwork required by RCLC programs.
• Document Take Ten activities and submit information regularly to the RCLC
web site and Facebook page, and the Take Ten web site and Facebook page.
• Oversee and coordinate special projects as requested.
• Attend weekly RCLC staff meetings.
• Attend weekly AmeriCorps meetings at the RCLC.
AmeriCorps is a national service organization aimed at helping communities
meet needs in areas, including education, by building capacity of community
This is a service positions, rather than a traditional jobs.
This position serves from January 3, 2022-July 31,2022.
This AmeriCorps position requires completion of 900 hours of service by July
31, 2022. The AmeriCorps member receives a Living Allowance in equal payments
throughout the term of service. On completion of 900 hours of service, the
member will receive an Education Award.
Compensation is as follows:
Monthly Living Allowance: $1248
Education Award: $3,172 (on completion of 900 hours of service)
Child Care Assistance (if eligible)
- High school diploma required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- US Citizen or lawful permanent resident alien.
- Reliable transportation.
Additional Qualifications include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Interest in education, working with at-risk youth and community
- Public speaking and the ability to teach/train others.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at
the same time.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and some on-
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work in a variety of settings.
- Sensitivity, compassion and listening skills required to work with a
diverse audience including: RCLC staff, volunteers, fellow AmeriCorps members,
Notre Dame and community partners, RCLC participants (ranging in age from
early childhood through senior citizens), neighborhood residents and families
of youth participants.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience working with youth or college student volunteers
Special Instructions to Applicants
Department Robinson Learning Center (24015)
Department Website rclc.nd.edu
Family / Sub-Family No Eprism / InternNo Eprism
Career Stream/Level Other
Department Hiring Pay Range
Pay ID Semi-Monthly
FLSA Status S5 - FT Non-exempt Salaried
Job Category Internship
Job Type Temporary
Schedule: Days of Week & Hours
Schedules will vary by day and may include some evenings.
Schedule: Hours/Week Approx 35-40/week
Schedule: # of months 1/3/2022-7/31/2022
Posting Detail Information
The University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest
quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal
Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse
workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority
candidates and others that will enhance our community. Moreover, Notre Dame
prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals,
and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance
veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR
60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Job Posting Date (Campus) 11/17/2021
Job Posting Date (Public) 11/17/2021
Job Closing Date 02/15/2022
Posting Type Open To All Applicants
Posting Number S221067
Quick Link for Internal Postings https: // jobs.nd.edu/postings/23875
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Are you a regular full or part-time employee of the University of Notre Dame?
Documents Needed to Apply