Recruitment/Posting Title RFS Math Instructor -Newark (Multiple Vacancies)
Posting Number 21TM0275
Department Rutgers Future Scholars Newark
Rutgers University- Newark (RU-N), an urban public research university and
anchor institution, located in Newark, New Jersey, a city of promise is
seeking a Math Instructor. Reporting to the Rutgers Future Scholars program,
the instructors facilitate weekly courses for our rising 8th-12th grade
students participating in our annual pre-college Summer Institute.
Instructor responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Create and facilitate academic courses for middle and high school students;
• Collaborate with colleagues and Curriculum Leaders on course curriculum to
enhance student learning and meet program objectives;
• Attend on-site training sessions and complete necessary online training
• Assess students based on participation, class performance, assignments and
• Foster and build appropriate mentoring relationships with students to
encourage and support the college-going culture.
Position Status Part Time
Hours Per Week 19.5
Daily Work Shift
Position Salary $20-$35/hour
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
•Requires a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination
of education and/or experience.
•Requires up to two years relevant experience in an administrative function,
good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
• Experience in creating differentiated instructional plans and facilitation
of Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, and/or Pre-Calculus courses.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Requires a bachelor's degree in related field, Teaching Certification in
Elementary Education or Secondary Education or an equivalent combination of
education and/or experience;
• Requires up to two years relevant experience, good communication and
interpersonal skills, and computer literacy;
• Must complete the Protection of Minors Training and background check;
• Must attend Rutgers Future Scholars staff training.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Role requires occasional lifting and transportation of classroom supplies;
• Must have access to an appropriate workspace with laptop and internet to
facilitate virtual workshops and small group sessions.
Posting Open Date 06/07/2021
Posting Close Date 07/07/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Home Location Campus
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
What is the highest level of education you have completed?
High School Diploma/GED
Do you have a Teaching Certification in Elementary Education or Secondary Education or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience?
Do you have up to two years relevant experience in creating differentiated instructional plans and facilitation of Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, and/or Pre-Calculus courses?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
List of Professional References (contact Info)