Apply now Job no: 495581 Full time/Part time: Full-time Location: South Orange Categories: Administrator
The Residence Hall Coordinator (RC) is a twelve-month, live-in professional position in Housing and Residence Life, who reports directly to the Area Coordinator (AC). The essential duties include supervision of student desk staff, management of programming efforts of Resident Assistants, hosting building-wide programming initiatives, and participation in an on-call duty rotation and nightly building rounds. In this highly visible position, the RC works to create inclusive communities through programming, advising Hall Council, judicial meetings, and one-on-one interactions with resident students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervision Assists Area Coordinator in the supervision of para-professional RA staff through weekly staff meetings, ongoing staff development opportunities and recognition of RA staff, staff accountability, assisting with the opening and closing of residence halls, and conducting regular health and safety inspections of residence hall rooms.
2. Front Desk Manages front desk operations of residence hall including supervision of Desk Assistants, conducting staff meetings, disciplinary accountability, and managing guest pass database.
3. Programming Approves in hall programming efforts from RAs, tracks programming numbers, forms, budgets, and purchases program supplies. Regularly attends evening programming, assists with brainstorming programming ideas with RA staff, and provides logistical setup support for RA for programming. Trains and supports RAs in strategic event marketing plans and collaborates with departments across campus to provide quality programming and in-hall initiatives. Creates and manages building-wide programming initiatives.
4. Behavioral Intervention and Management Enforces University community standards by meeting with students that have violated policy and or are having difficulties adhering to policies or adjusting to college. Uses student conduct software to input incident reports and send student conduct letters, assigns appropriate charges and violations. Participates in an on-call duty rotation which includes hours during which the office is closed and on weekends. Responds to various student conduct incidents.
5. Advisement of Hall Council Promotes Hall Council to resident students assists the Residence Hall Association with elections, conducts regular meetings with Hall Council officers individually and as a group, supports and assists with Hall Council programming and initiatives.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree, 1-3 years of relevant experience Experience working in Residence Halls
AD130 - Administrative
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Seton Hall University is committed to programs of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and the principles of affirmative action.
Advertised: 16 Feb 2023 Eastern Standard Time Applications close: