£28,762 rising annually to £31,411 Full Time, Fixed Term - Researcher
The Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment is recruiting a fixed-term Researcher in Residential Energy Demand for 12 months starting as soon as possible.
The overall purpose of the role is to help with the implementation of externally funded projects in the Low Carbon Building Research (LCBR) Group.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementation and day-to-day running of the EPSRC funded RESIDE and BEIS funded RESIDE projects
- Undertaking large-scale monitoring campaign of electricity use of dwellings across the five climatic zones of India
- Monitoring housing developments for their energy and environmental performance, and gather occupant feedback
- Creating dwelling level and community-level GIS-based energy models to predict potential for local demand reduction
- Conduct resident surveys to assess user experience with whole house energy retrofits
- Gather and analyse time-series data on energy use and generation
- Preparation of papers for publication and making presentations at meetings and/or conferences.
You will also be responsible to assist other researchers in the Research Group (e.g. student, visitors) as required on research projects running in the Low Carbon Building Research Group and contribute to the research culture.
You will undertake any teaching activities that may be agreed with the Head of the Research Group and in line with any Funding Body's rules/regulations e.g. tutorials, practicals.
As Researcher in Housing Performance Evaluation you should have:
- A higher degree (MSc) in architectural engineering, building services, architecture or similar discipline
- Experience of undertaking monitoring and/or post-occupancy evaluation of buildings
- Experience of using dynamic thermal simulation packages such as IES, Design Builder etc
- Advanced knowledge of housing energy use and carbon emission reductions
- Experience of undertaking analysis of big datasets
- Experience of designing and analysing appropriate research tools, eg questionnaires and interviews
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Interviews will be held week commencing 19 Dec 2022.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www. brookes.ac.uk/job- vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Please note, due to the volume of applications, we are not able to provide feedback to applicants that are not shortlisted.
To email the post of Researcher in Residential Energy Demand to a friend copy and paste link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=138078 Closing Date : 06-Dec-2022 Vacancy ID : 138078 Faculty or Directorate : Technology, Design and Environment Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org Posted on : 16-Nov-2022