Raman Imaging Group from the Faculty of Chemistry, Jagiellonian University is looking for a Postdoctoral Researcher to work in the field of Raman spectroscopy, biological samples, chemometric analysis in the Team–Net project founded by the Foundation of Polish Science: “Label-free and rapid optical imaging, detection and sorting of leukemia cells”.
Project is carried out within the TEAM-NET programme of the Foundation for Polish Science co-financed by the European Union under the European Regional Development Fund.
Leukemias are malignancies originating from hematopoietic or lymphoid precursors caused by genetic lesions leading to biochemical, proteomic and metabolomics abnormalities. Current leukemia diagnostics is based on genetic and phenotypic characterization of cancer cells. The project aims to develop the first Stimulated Raman Scattering (SRS) microscopic-microfluidic system for non-invasive imaging of live cells and apply it to rapid leukemia cell imaging, diagnostics and sorting. Multidisciplinary partners establishing the consortium will characterize Raman spectra of leukemic cells and link them to biological features of the disease. These data will be thereafter used to design and construct, microfluidic diagnostic device utilizing SRS microscopy which should provide cost-effective early diagnostics and follow up of leukemia patients.
https: // www. fnp.org.pl/en/polacza-sily-aby-szybciej-i-lepiej-diagnozowac- bialaczke/
Scan of the signed “Personal data processing information for job applicants”. Please print this information, sign and submit with other required documents.Benefits
1. Remuneration: 5 000 PLN monthly (gross-gross income)
2. Period of contract agreement:6 months with the possibility to extension
3. Scientific and organizational support.
4. Access to the modern research equipment.
5. Work at the interdisciplinary laboratories.
6. Friendly, inspirational, interdisciplinary work environment.Selection process
Please submit the documents to: email@example.com
Please use " Competition for the position of RESEARCH SENIOR ASSISTANT (POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER TEAM-NET) “- as a tittle of your message.
Candidates who will receive a negative response about the recruitment result may appeal within 7 days. The appeal should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
One of the recruitment steps is a job interview. We will contact selected candidates only.Additional comments
Key responsibilities include:
Chemistry: PhD or equivalent
Biological sciences: PhD or equivalent
• PhD degree in the field of chemistry, biology or related sciences (preferred person with documented achievements in the field of chemical sciences);
• experience in spectroscopic measurements and chemometric analysis;
• experience in working with biological samples (including cells);
• preferred experience in the participation in interdisciplinary research;
• very good scientific activity;
• fluent knowledge of English in speech and writing;Specific Requirements
Candidates cannot be later than 5 years after PhD graduation.Contact Information