Recruitment/Posting Title Research Associate II
Department Inst-Hth,Hth Care Pol&Agng Res
Rutgers, the state university of new jersey, is seeking a Research Associate
II to provide support and direction for research initiatives for the Institute
for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research (IFH). Under the
direction of the director of IFH, the RA2 will assist in developing and
supporting research operations. The RA2 will assist in several community
studies that will focus on aging populations and the intersection of culture,
resilience, and health outcomes to advance the state-of-the-art sciences. The
RA2 will be integrate to the conduct of the research and the analyses and
interpretation of the findings. They will contribute to writing publishable
papers and submission of grant proposals. Participation in long range planning
related to research program milestones, deliverables, dissemination, and
sustainability. This position reports to the Senior Research Specialist of
Essential duties and responsibilities
As directed, performs various research operations relative to ongoing
investigatory activities of our research team; may assist in conducting
specialized research for a particular phase of a project.
Participates in the development of performance standards, selection of
methodology and instrumentation and coordination of the analytical,
operational, data collection, and instrumentation functions with the
research areas to ensure conformance with the goals and objectives of the
· Under supervision, assists in the conducting of a continuous program of
research and development regarding the analytical and instrumentation
functions of the research team.
· Participates in the evaluation of the existing procedures, suggesting
revisions where necessary and proposing new procedures where required.
· As required, assists in the implementation of the programs and projects in
special areas of interest to the department.
· Understands and adheres to UMDNJ's compliance standards as they appear in
UMDNJ's Corporate Compliance Policy, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest
· Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal, state and UMDNJ regulations, laws
and policies as they presently exist and as they change or are modified.
· Arranges and coordinates advisory and working groups, planning sessions, and
other project-related meetings.
· Prepares background materials, briefings and monitors global health
activities of external stakeholders.
· Develops agendas, materials and presentations (powerpoint, etc.).
· Coordinate and implement procedures and processes to collect and analyze
· Develops research protocols that describe research objectives and procedures
necessary to test the hypotheses of the research project
· Develop research designs, data collection methods and strategies for data
· Design, create and revise research instruments as necessary to ensure
quality data that correlates with research objectives
· Coordinates multiple data collection efforts for one or more research
projects which may include other collaborating agencies or institutions
· Write and edit technical reports and manuscripts for publication or
· Coordinate community health outreach efforts in New Jersey toward study
· Assist the Senior Research Specialist and Director in the recruitment,
training and supervision of research staff regarding day-to-day tasks
· Coordinate efforts to promote scientific research in the community
· Drafts and submits funding proposals and grant requests for sponsorships and
other projects, including use of online grant systems.
· Prepares and monitors budgets for grant submission and reporting.
· Perform other duties as necessary to advance research in aging and health
Position Status Full Time
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Annual Minimum Salary 58239.000
Annual Mid Range Salary 69782.000
Annual Maximum Salary 82778.000
Standard Hours 37.50
Union Description HPAE, Local 5094
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at:
Terms of Appointment Staff - 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ph. D. Degree or equivalent in a relevant science, or a Master's Degree in a
relevant science plus three (3) years of related research experience.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Number 21ST3227
Posting Open Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Home Location Campus
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().