Research Assistant - Regional
Apply now Job no: 497810
Work type: Full-time
Location: TCU Main Campus
Categories: College of Science & Engineering
Job Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with one or
more research projects being conducted at the Institute of Behavioral
Research. This position is located in the greater Chicago area.
Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Collects data through activities such
as planning and organizing site visits, conducting site visits and interviews,
communicating with research participants and organizations, collaborating with
IBR staff and partners, and assisting with related data-collection protocols
such as administering baseline and follow-up surveys and manualized sessions
according to study protocols.
2. Manages data through activities such as entering data, scoring instruments
and interviews, maintaining research data bases, and simple statistical
analyses. This includes maintaining research logs and other project paperwork
following protocol for protection and transmittal of data.
3. Reports data through activities such as creating progress reports, helping
prepare manuscripts for publication, and helping prepare presentations of the
IBR research activities.
4. Assists with any training that is being conducted as part of the research
project, through activities such as preparing project training materials,
preparing handouts, and assisting with administrative tasks relevant to the
5. Communicates frequently with project staff at TCU about study process, and
communicates frequently with agency staff in accordance with study protocols
and guidelines for protection of participant confidentiality.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience: • Bachelor's degree in Behavioral
Science (Psychology, Sociology, Criminal Justice) or related field.
Preferred Education & Experience: • Clinical experience.
• Oral and written fluency in Spanish.
• Experience or training in research activities.
• Experience or training in a behavioral health (e.g., psychology,
counseling, social work), criminal justice, or child welfare-related field.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • Valid Driver's
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • MSW, LPC
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of strong interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of strong administrative skills that will permit effective and
efficient work in an office setting.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products and applications.
• Ability to work independently under the supervision of the IBR Director and
Research Scientists, while successfully completing complex assignments such as
interviews, site visits, data collection, data management, and report
• Ability to use data collection resources such as online data-collection
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as part of a research team.
Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual
acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed
materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via
telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility,
body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to
schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This position is located in the greater Chicago area.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and
promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age,
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic
information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: May 5, 2022 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled