- Full time, fixed term till August 2023
- Exciting opportunity for 2x research assistants to join a newly established research project focusing on immunotherapy in cancer
- Base Salary from $73,751 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney recently appointed Professor Cameron Turtle as the CLEARbridge Chair of Cancer Immunotherapy. Professor Turtle has recently returned to Australia from Seattle where he led clinical and laboratory research teams conducting multiple investigator-initiated phase 1 clinical trials of genetically modified cellular (CAR-T cell) immunotherapies for patients with haematologic malignancies.
The School of Medical Sciences in the Faculty of Medicine and Health is searching for two Research Assistants to assist with research relating to understanding the characteristics of distinct human T-Cell subsets, the development of novel tumour immunotherapies and factors governing the immune response to cancer.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- support the design and preparation of laboratory research
- provide research administrative support as required
- provide technical support to the research team to assist with experiments
- assist with ad-hoc activities.
- tertiary qualifications in medical sciences, microbiology or relevant work experience
- prior experience in a biomedical research related environment
- human T cell immunology experience desirable
- experience with T cell culture, T cell phenotypic and functional studies. Lentiviral transduction, single cell RNA sequencing, and xenogeneic models of T cell immunotherapy will be an advantage
- strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement
- good experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office software
- experience carrying out literary searches and preparing literary reviews
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Andria Bingham Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment
Click here to apply