Location: Stoke Campus Salary: £43,414 to £51,805 Per Annum- Full time Permanent Release Date: Monday 30 January 2023 Closing Date: Friday 24 February 2023 Interview Date: Friday 10 March 2023 Reference: SRAP21-10R
Who is Staffordshire University?
We are the Connected University with 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK's foremost digital Institution. Our main campus is located in Stoke on Trent alongside our Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University London's Digital Institute is our first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, we continue to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt our sector. For our University, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there's one thing that sets us apart, it's our people who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every one of our employees goes above and beyond to deliver on our connected mission, responding to the needs of our students, academic partners, businesses and society.
Over the past 5 years, we have transformed ourselves into a Gold standard provider of teaching and learning, gaining historically high positions in the UK league tables. With digital skills being at our core, we strive for diversity in all its forms and play an important role in our local communities and regional economies.
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the International Office for a Regional Manager to develop our international student recruitment from the Middle East, Turkey and Pakistan. Working closely with the Director of International Recruitment and Development and in close collaboration with the Executive Deans of School and the Associate Deans Recruitment, you will be responsible for recruitment and marketing activities in your specified global Region(s), delivering financially viable and target driven marketing and recruitment plans to enrol students at our Stoke, Staffordshire and London campuses. You will work with education agents, partners and government sponsors to grow channels of recruitment and new business development for the University. Currently, the designated region for this role is the Middle East, Turkey and Pakistan, although this may change over time and in line with business need. The role is based in Stoke, but will require frequent overseas travel to the region of up to 12 weeks per year. As a key member of the International Recruitment team, you will:
• Contribute to the University's Internationalisation Strategy and the International Student Recruitment plans, providing strategic direction, marketing tactics and a costed implementation plan for the Region(s).
• Work to an approved budget, to deploy innovative tactics to increase recruitment and achieve targets, measuring the effectiveness of activities in terms of return on investment, profile, and enrolments.
• Be responsible for effective stakeholder engagement for the Region(s) by developing and utilising strong working relationships with key stakeholders, including agents, government ministries, Cultural Attaches, sponsor organisations, schools, universities, and the British Council etc.
• Represent the University overseas, working to an agreed schedule, including attendance at key recruitment events and conferences as agreed and budgeted and at international and national forums as required or necessary.
• Support the development of Articulation, Advanced Standing and Progression agreements and relationships with new and existing overseas partners and to manage those relationships.
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available
We reserve the right to close any vacancies when we are in receipt of sufficient applications. All applicants are advised to complete and submit your applications as soon as possible.
Apply OnlineFurther details:
Staffordshire University is committed to promoting and enabling a positive culture where staff, students and visitors are confident to be their authentic selves. We focus on inclusion as a way to ensure equality of opportunity for all our people and to demonstrate our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Human Rights.
We promote applications from all sections of the community, regardless of background, belief or identity, recognising the benefits a diverse organisation can bring for the University.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people, who are currently under-represented in the University workforce.