£54,949 rising annually to £61,823 Full Time, Permanent - Academic
Oxford Brookes University is seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly talented Physiotherapy or Occupational Therapy researcher to continue to build a research portfolio in rehabilitation (Older Adults in Acute Care Care) and develop leadership to build AHP research capacity and capability. The post is jointly funded by the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, Oxford Brookes University, and Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The post- holder will be employed by Oxford Brookes University within the Department of Sport, Health Sciences and Social Work and will have a link role reporting to the Head of Therapies at the NHS Trust.
We are looking for a scholar with a national and developing international reputation, a good track record of research outputs and grant capture, and with a focus on delivering research with impact. You will be able to inspire others, mentor less experienced researchers and be committed to work collaboratively to maintain a vibrant research culture. You will be an excellent communicator with first class interpersonal skills, and as a team player you will have an enthusiastic and positive approach to work.
The main duties of the post are:
● To develop a successful independent programme of research in an area Rehabilitation (Older Adults in Acute Care Care)
● To develop and write proposals to attract significant funding to support the programme of research
● To maintain a portfolio of high quality research publications, conference presentations and research impact activities
● To lead on the development of AHP research capacity and capability of both partner organisations
● To promote and disseminate interdisciplinary and collaborative research and knowledge transfer activities, both nationally and internationally, through publications, presentations, media-based activities and engagement with other relevant professional, industrial and learned bodies
● To be a key member the management groups and senior leadership teams of both organisations
● To be an active and contributing member of the relevant internal research institutes, centres and groups (including OxINMAHR, MOReS, and relevant BRC theme groups)
● To provide guidance, mentorship, and support on research matters for colleagues in their research area and career development
● To undertake lectures, seminars, and tutorials and to supervise student research from undergraduate to doctoral level
● To undertake, subject to agreement with line management, external commitments which enhance the reputation of the Trust, Faculty and/or University including external PhD examining, and participation in policy- making fora, professional and industry-based bodies and relevant higher education fora.
You should have:
● Qualifications required for post: Relevant UG degree, PhD, a relevant professional qualification, registration with the HCPC and DBS clearance
● Experience as an independent researcher in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy or a related field (Older Adults in Acute Care Care)
● Experience of initiating, developing, and delivering high quality research in a relevant area as demonstrated through high quality publications and peer esteem (e.g. peer review activity, invitations to speak at conferences)
● Evidence of developing research funding proposals and a record of funded research
● Experience of teaching in HE, clinical practice and in the supervision of research students
For informal discussion, please contact Dr Carolyn Mason, Head of Department of Sport, and Health Sciences and Social Work: email@example.com
Interviews will be held on 22nd March 2023.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www. brookes.ac.uk/job- vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email this position to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=137999 Closing Date : 22-Feb-2023 Vacancy ID : 137999 Faculty or Directorate : Health and Life Sciences Location : Gipsy Lane Site, Headington Campus For more information : firstname.lastname@example.org Posted on : 16-Nov-2022