Estates Division, South Parks Road, Oxford with a workshop at the Andrew Wiles Building on the ROQ site
Please note that this is a re-advertisement and previous applicants should not apply.
Join Our Repairs & Maintenance Team as a Property Maintenance Engineer
Are you a skilled tradesperson with a passion for maintaining and preserving heritage assets? Do you have a passion for solving complex building issues and negotiating with building managers? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our dedicated and diverse Repairs & Maintenance Team at Oxford University.
At Oxford University, we take pride in our commitment to excellence in building maintenance and sustainability. Our Repairs & Maintenance Team, part of the multi-disciplined DLO (Direct Labour Organization), is a group of highly skilled professionals comprising maintenance engineers, plumbers, property maintenance engineers, technicians, electricians, and trade apprentices. Together, we work tirelessly to provide safe, efficient, and customer-focused repairs and maintenance services to support the University's mission.
As a Property Maintenance Engineer, you'll play a crucial role in our team, reporting directly to the Building Team Supervisor. You'll collaborate closely with fellow team members, various estate departments, and building managers to ensure the safe and efficient operation of our university buildings. Some of your responsibilities will include:
• Conducting reactive and planned maintenance tasks to minimize downtime.
• Preserving heritage assets with the utmost care and supporting building managers in their heritage asset responsibilities.
• Participating in capital project site meetings and the Soft Landings process for new building handovers.
• Mentoring and training apprentice team members.
• Advising on the impact of building alterations on overall performance.
• Identifying building faults requiring substantial repairs and handover to the Building Inspectors team.
• Deputizing for the Building Supervisor when necessary.
As an employer, we value the well-being and development of all our employees. We offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
• Access to tools for work
• Hybrid working arrangements for a healthy work-life balance
• 30 days of annual leave (excluding public holidays)
• Extensive personal and professional development opportunities
• Supportive childcare services for working parents and guardians
• Generous family leave for pregnancy, adoption, paternity, and shared parental leave
• Excellent contributory pension scheme for your financial future
• Salary sacrifice scheme for additional savings
• Subsidised sports centre membership to promote well-being
• Cycle loan scheme to encourage sustainable commuting
• Discounted bus and transit travel
In addition, you will have access to a vibrant community with social groups and sports clubs, fostering an inclusive atmosphere.
What We're Looking For:
To succeed in this role, you should have:
• Advanced Level City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in carpentry, bricklaying, or a related trade.
• Fire door inspection and maintenance qualifications.
• Substantial post-qualification experience, ideally in a facilities-oriented role.
• Up-to-date knowledge of health and safety legislation, British Standards, Building Regulations, and Codes of Practice.
• Experience working in occupied premises.
• Excellent fault diagnosis skills.
• Proficiency in IT, CAFM systems, and Microsoft Office.
• Experience supervising contractors.
• Awareness of health and safety policies and procedures.
To apply for this position, please submit the following documents as part of your online application:
• Covering letter/supporting statement
• Curriculum vitae (CV)
• Contact details of two referees (only contacted if you are successful)
Only applications received before 12 pm on Tuesday 28 November 2023 can be considered.
Please be informed that candidates will be contacted weekly and interviews will hold on 4 December 2023 and/or 11 December 2023.
Contact Person : Adedeji Akinsanya Vacancy ID : 169473 Contact Phone : Closing Date & Time : 28-Nov-2023 12:00 Pay Scale : STANDARD GRADE 6 Contact Email : [email protected] Salary (£) : 32332 - 38205 per annum