The Malthouse, Tidmarsh Lane, Oxford, OX1 1NQ
The University of Oxford is a stimulating work environment, which enjoys an international reputation as a world-class centre of excellence. Our research plays a key role in tackling many global challenges, from reducing our carbon emissions to developing vaccines during a pandemic.
Estates Services is responsible for the maintenance, management and strategic development of the University's functional estate.
The principal responsibility will be to lead on the management, monitoring and coordination of the Medical Science Division (MSD) capital project programme
What We Offer
As an employer, we genuinely care about our employees' wellbeing and this is reflected in the range of benefits that we offer including:
• An excellent contributory pension scheme
• 38 days annual leave
• A comprehensive range of childcare services
• Family leave schemes
• Cycle loan scheme
• Discounted bus travel and Season Ticket travel loans
• Membership to a variety of social and sports clubs
This role also offers the opportunity for some hybrid working.
About the Role
Responsible for the management of the University of Oxford capital programme of approximately £2 billion over ten years, Estates Services Capital Projects has an exciting opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual, looking for a challenging and rewarding role as the Capital Projects programme manager with specific portfolio for the Medical Sciences Division (MSD).
The portfolio is large, with a value of in excess of £250m presently on going, and potential projects ranging from simple office refurbishments, to complex and technically advanced new research and teaching facilities.
Supporting senior University Officers the principal responsibility will be to lead on the management, monitoring and coordination of the MSD capital project programme, coordinating elements of the programmes as well as project and design teams. You will ensure the efficient, timely and correct delivery of projects, which meet the business needs and requirements of the divisions and stakeholders, and in accordance with relative legislation and University governance.
Additional responsibilities will include acting as Client Representative and/or Project Manager for one or more elements of the MSD capital projects portfolio, specifically those pertaining to brief definition and project early incubation stages, or post completion during closure stages, as well as the delivery of Estates Services Capital Projects initiatives.
You will be able to work both independently and as part of a team and will have:
• Demonstrable relevant experience of coordinating a complex capital project portfolio
• A broad professional client or project management orientated understanding of the delivery of a range of projects from relatively simple projects to complex refurbishment and new build laboratory projects
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a wide range of people including highly influential external and internal contacts
• Excellent written skills with experience of preparation of committee papers and reports and; strong organisational skills with an ability to manage a wide remit of tasks and meet deadlines
You will be required to upload a supporting statement, CV and the details of two referees as part of your online application.
The closing date for applications is 20 February 2023 at 12:00 noon.
Interviews are expected to take place during week commencing 6 March 2023 and will be face to face.
Contact Person : Philip Taylor Vacancy ID : 163220 Contact Phone : Closing Date & Time : 20-Feb-2023 12:00 Pay Scale : STANDARD GRADE 10 Contact Email : [email protected] Salary (£) : 58284 - 67541