Position InformationPosting Number 00735
Title Program Coordinator - Social Sci and Humanities Position Number 3140 Job Summary
Under general direction from the Department Chair and/or Program Director, the Program Coordinator coordinates and assists in the general administration of academic programs. Provides administrative and curriculum support to the Department Chair, Program Director, Vice Chair, and Faculty by assisting with the daily operation of the department and programs/curriculum within it.
· Be available during business hours on campus to assist students, faculty, and staff.
· Keep abreast of procedures and policies relating to department functions to be able to answer inquiries and serve as a member of the academic team.
· Maintain knowledge of academia, e.g., trends in pedagogy, WASC assessment, and accreditation requirements.
· Assist in the development of new curricula, programs, or certificates and maintain/renew certifications and approvals.
· Assist in developing and maintaining department performance metrics.
· Monitor and support curriculum reporting, including curriculum inventory and quality improvement/accreditation.
· Oversee the day-to-day operations of curricular implementation, including learning management systems, attendance, curricular schedules and course materials, and calendars.
· Maintain databases for the department, e.g., adjunct faculty pool, student contact information, student and faculty demographics, etc.
· Track student attendance and maintain contact with students to evaluate their progress and wellbeing and monitor student success.
· Welcome new students, send new and existing student materials, and assist students in orientation and becoming acclimated to the program, university, and student life.
· Monitor and assist students in the registration process.
· Assist the Chair/Director in the scheduling of courses and coordinating with other academic departments
· Participate in recruitment, orientation, training, meetings, and marketing events on behalf of the department/program.
· Attend university functions on behalf of the department/program as needed.
· Maintain department/faculty information for university dissemination, e.g., textbook listings, office hours, committee participation, department/program website, etc.
· Maintain necessary records and documents for the programs/curriculum, including syllabi, curriculum approvals, and assessments.
· Manage and maintain confidential student files and records.
· Assist with transfer credit and articulation, testing, and other assignments for the department as needed.
· Prepare and send reminders to faculty about university and program requirements, e.g., deadlines for mid-semester progress reports, final grade submission, etc.
· Coordinate and schedule activities for the department/program.
· Maintain a schedule of department requirements and job duties throughout the year.
· Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled or special reports.
· Provide administrative support and services, including taking minutes, general office typing, distribution, and report preparation for special projects generated by the department.
· Manage and maintain department/program timecards.
· Assist in the preparation and management of department assessments in compliance with WASC assessment standards.
· Prepare employment and other faculty and adjunct faculty hiring documents.
· Schedule and prepare files for interviews.
· Make travel arrangements for conferences, seminars, and workshops for the Chair/Director or Faculty.
· Keep abreast of university, program, and administrative technology platforms, including Blackboard, Microsoft Office, E Requester, Power Campus, etc.
· Keep up to date on HR required training and attend other staff development opportunities to enhance abilities within the job assignment.
· Coordinate and schedule student-faculty advisor meetings as needed.
· Support faculty with courses, including online and physical formats, as needed.
· Research, order, manage purchases, promotional materials, and office supplies, and monitor department/program supply inventory.
· Manage and supervise student workers, if applicable. Provide back-up, cross- coverage, and/or support to department administrators and/or faculty as needed.
· Identify process improvements and contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and processes for curricular implementation.
· Facilitate timely communication with course faculty and students as needed
· Special projects as assigned.
· Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Department/Program assignment may change but job duties will remain the same or very similar.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and schedule various office activities promptly.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent grammatical and typing skills.
· Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
· Maintain a welcoming and professional demeanor at all times in person and in any communications.
Preferred Qualifications Special Requirements
COVID -19 Vaccination: As a health professions institution of higher education, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science seeks to protect the health and safety of the University community. Accordingly, CDU will require COVID-19 vaccinations for all University students, faculty, and staff subject to limited exceptions and exemptions. The University vaccine requirement has been implemented consistent with federal and state law related to medical exemptions for students, faculty, and staff. Requests for disability and religious accommodations from faculty and staff will be evaluated consistent with the law and University policies and procedures.
FLSA Non-Exempt Category Full Time Grade $28.00 Number of Vacancies 1
Posting Detail Information
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 10/05/2022 Close Date Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active) Yes Special Instructions to ApplicantsPosting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)