9 Nov 2023Job Information
University of Lodz
Faculty of Philosophy and History
Established Researcher (R3)
8 Dec 2023 - 23:59 (Europe/Warsaw)
Type of Contract
To be defined
Hours Per Week
Offer Starting Date
9 Nov 2023
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
INSTITUTION: University of Lodz, Faculty of Philosophy and History, Department of Polish History of the 19th Century CITY: Lodz (Łódź), Poland POSITION: Professor of the University in a group of research and teaching staff DESCRIPTION: This position will consist of conducting scientific activities and didactic activities. In addition, it will include activities for the benefit of the Faculty and the University (promotion, organization of events, participation in committees). DISCIPLINE: history POSTED: 09.11.2023 EXPIRES: 08.12.2023 WEBSITE: [email protected] KEYWORDS: Polish history of the 19th century, history of cities, socio- economic history DESCRIPTION (field, expectations, comments): 1. Doctoral degree in the discipline of history; 2. Experience in conducting research in the area of Polish history of the 19th century, the history of Lodz, the history of cities documented in the form of scientific publications; 3. Experience in raising research projects in discipline of history; 4. Knowledge of at least one foreign language to a degree that allows participation in international scientific life; 5. Experience of cooperation with cultural and scientific institutions; 6. Ability to conduct independent research and motivation for scientific and didactic work; 7. Interpersonal skills. RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. fulfilling duties following the strategy of the Faculty and the University; 2. preparing and teaching of classes; 3. development of didactic materials for classes; 4. conducting and participating in scientific research and development works; 5. obtaining funds for scientific research by applying to competitions at the national or international level; 6. publishing research results in prestigious scientific journals for the discipline; 7. implementation of international mobility for research purposes; 8. active participation in scientific conferences and seminars; 9. organizing and participating in promotional campaigns for the University and the Faculty.
Candidates are requested to submit the following documents to the office of the Faculty of Philosophy and History of the University of Lodz, 27a Kamińskiego Street, 90-219 Lodz, room 05 (first floor), in person or by mail by the deadline of 08.12.2023; e-mail [email protected]
- curriculum vitae - personal questionnaire https: // www. uni.lodz.pl/kariera - application for employment addressed to the Rector of the University of Lodz - opinion of the head of the unit - information on scientific, organizational and social activities and a list of publications - a copy of the postdoctoral diploma or a certificate of the unit on awarding the postdoctoral degree. - the RODO clause available on the University of Lodz website https: // www. uni.lodz.pl/kariera
Settlement of the competition will take place by: 18.12.2023 r.
Winning the Competition does not guarantee employment at the UŁ
EMPLOYMENT APPLICANT'S PRIVACY NOTICE
1. The Administrator (Controller) of your personal data is the University of Lodz, based at: ul. Narutowicza 68, 90-136 Łódź (Lodz). 2. The Data Protection Officer at the University of Lodz may be contacted in any case via post to the above postal address, with the following reference on top: “Inspektor Ochrony Danych”, via e-mail at [email protected]
3. Your personal data will be processed for purposes of recruitment process. 4. Your personal data will be processed on the basis of: 1) the provisions of applicable law, i.e. the Labour Code (Poland); 2) your consent to the processing of personal data - in situations, where there is no legal basis for the processing; 3) if the applicant expresses a separate, voluntary consent for processing their personal data for purposes of future recruitment by means of including an appropriate declaration in the application set. To this end, please include a declaration of the following wording: “I agree for my personal data included in my application to be processed by the University of Lodz (Uniwersytet Łódzki) for purposes of future recruitment“.
5. Your personal data will be made available to data processing entities acting on behalf and for the account of the University pursuant to a concluded agreement, and entities authorised to obtain personal data pursuant to relevant legal regulations. 6. Your personal data will be processed for no longer than 3 months after finishing the recruitment process and, in justified cases, they will be stored in accord with other regulations of applicable law, including the Civil Code (Poland). 7. You have the right to: 1) access your personal data; 2) rectify your data when inconsistent with the actual state; 3) delete or limit data processing as well as to transfer data – in cases provided for by law; 4) object to processing; 5) withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the legality of law of the processing, performed before the consent withdrawal; 6) make a complaint to the supervisory authority – the President of the Personal Data Protection Office in Poland, seated at ul. Stawki 2, Warszawa (Warsaw), Poland.
8. Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for the purpose referred to in point 3.
Your personal data is processed pursuant to Article 6(1)(c) and (a) and Article 9(2)(a) of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing the Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation; Official Journal of the European Union L.2016.119.1)Requirements
Additional Information Work Location(s)
PhD or equivalent
Number of offers available
Faculty of Philosophy and History
GeofieldWhere to apply