Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. To email this position to a friend, click on the Email to a Friend link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.Bookmark this Posting Print Preview Apply for this Job Please see Special Instructions for more details.
This is a grant funded position. Position continuation depends upon funding from Grant. This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage's can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, https:// www. ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/. Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holidays, spring break, thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)Posting Details
VEVRRA Federal Contractor – Priority referral protected veterans requested.
Position InformationRequisition Number 2023088P
Position Title Pre-Apprenticeship Case Managment Coordinator Salary Range $45,804 yr DBM Rating C42 Job Type Full Time Job Category Professional/Staff Anticipated Start Date 09/18/2023 Campus Bryan, RELLIS Application Deadline Extended Open Deadline FLSA Exempt Security Sensitive? Yes Work Hours M-F 8 am to 5 pm
Position Summary Information
The Case Manager will be in charge of ensuring students' success from recruitment to graduation and employment search in the Electrical Apprenticeship Program.
Required Quals Summary
Bachelor's Degree and relevant experience in the field.
Special Notes To Applicants
This is a grant funded position. Position continuation depends upon funding from Grant. This is a 12 month, benefits eligible position. Blinn College pays 100% of health insurance for full time employees, 50% for dependents, and two times your annual salary in life insurance benefits. Optional coverage's can begin on your first active duty date. If you would like to review insurance benefits in advance, you can access the New Employee Benefits Guide online, https:// www. ers.state.tx.us/New-Employee/Insurance/. Leave time includes 96 hours vacation, 40 hours discretionary and 16 hours personal each year and 8 hours sick each month. Paid leave for college designated holidays, spring break, thanksgiving and Christmas break (approx. 25 days per year)
Quick Link https: // employment.blinn.edu/postings/11429Position Details
● Conduct community-wide outreach and recruitment to promote career opportunities in the trades.
● Facilitate client intake, assessment, and develop client work plan.
● Build relationships with employers, apprenticeship coordinators and pre- apprenticeship trainers.
● Follow up with contractors/employers to evaluate employer needs.
● Develop a system for assessing skills/motivations of job seekers.
● Place job seekers in electrical jobs and/or refer job seekers to training programs.
● Gather and maintain up-to-date information on electrical pre-apprenticeship and electrical apprenticeship programs and requirements.
● Develop and maintain community referral resources to support client needs.
● Generate case management progress reports, activity reports, and outcome reports, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually.
● Conduct onsite client and employer visits to assess and evaluate needs.
● Engage with the students to assess progress and students' needs along the way.
● Evaluate students' success in the program to intervene and offer support when needed
● Other duties that may arise
1. Communicate clearly and effectively with supervisors, peers, and subordinates – by telephone, in written format (letters/memos/emails), and in person.
2. Perform administrative activities as detailed in the principal accountabilities with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
3. Excellent organizational and records management skills, written and oral communication skills, and customer service abilities.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic, and thorough computer hardware and software skills—including extensive knowledge of and experience with MS Office software.
5. Observe, receive, process, and otherwise collect information from all relevant sources – and disseminate information in an organized and effective manner.
6. Organize, plan, and prioritize multiple work projects – by setting goals and timelines – with limited supervision and with a high degree of accuracy.
7. Ability to efficiently manage time; streamline processes; be creative, proactive and embrace continuous improvement
8. Ability to assist internal and external partners in a friendly manner.
9. Capable of meeting deadlines and producing data that is accurate
10. Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to work under stress and/or time demands.
11. Ability to maintain professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
12. Able to work unsupervised when necessary and complete necessary programmatic monitoring and reporting activities on a regular schedule.
13. Attends professional development as mandated by the Texas Workforce Commission.
14. Honoring Blinn's and the Texas Adult Education and Literacy policies and regulatory requirements.
Experience as a Case Manager, or experience working with students.
Are there particular working conditions associated with this job that should be noted (I.E., working environment, hours of work, workspace, etc.)? No
If 'Yes', please explain
Physical and Mental Requirements
Physical and Mental Requirements: Light lifting, under 15 lbs., Light carrying, under 15 lbs., Simple grasping, Walking, Standing, Sitting, Operating office equipment, Seeing, Depth perception, Hearing (with aid), Hearing (without aid), Writing, Counting, Reading, Telling time
Custom Text One
Environmental Requirements: Travel by car (enter percentage of time in below field), Working closely with other
Custom Text Two
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)
(Open Ended Question)