10 Nov 2023Job Information
UNIVERSITE COTE D'AZUR
History » Economic history
Recognised Researcher (R2)
10 Dec 2023 - 00:00 (Europe/Paris)
Type of Contract
Offer Starting Date
1 Jan 2024
Is the job funded through the EU Research Framework Programme?
Not funded by an EU programme
Is the Job related to staff position within a Research Infrastructure?
The ANR ExEco project "The making of economic expertise in France (1930-1952)" invites applications for a postdoctoral research position. The duration of the post is 2 years (gross salary: 3 667 EUR/month) and the starting date is January 2024 (to be discussed).
The ExEco project aims to provide a history of economic expertise as it developed in France from the mid-twentieth century onwards, with a particular focus on the period of the Vichy regime. The person selected for the postdoctoral fellowship will mainly contribute to Axis 2 of the ExEco project, which consists of a collective history to capture and document, in the form of one or more research articles, the trajectories of French economists through a network analysis combining lexicometrics and data on individual careers (or prosopography).
The person recruited will also be expected to take part in the life of the History of Thought and Philosophy of the Social Sciences (H2P2S) research team at GREDEG (UMR 7321), which is organised around the university in the centre of Nice and the laboratory in Sophia-Antipolis. The working language will be mainly French (the language of the corpus studied) and a good command of it is expected.Requirements
History » Economic history
PhD or equivalent
General skills expected:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to engage in respectful and fair teamwork;
- excellent organisational, communication and writing skills (in both French and English);
- Ability to publish in high quality international journals relevant to the post.
Specific skills expected:
- Command of research issues in the history of twentieth-century economic thought ;
- mastery of quantitative analysis methods in the social sciences (network analysis, bibliometrics, prosopography, etc.);
- mastery of software for storing and disseminating data resulting from quantitative analysis, as well as the ethical issues involved (anonymisation, reproducibility, etc.).
Website for additional job details
https: // univ-cotedazur.fr/universite/travailler-a-universite-cote-d- azur/gredeg…Work Location(s)
Number of offers available
Université Côte d'Azur
GeofieldWhere to apply
https: // univ-cotedazur.fr/universite/travailler-a-universite-cote-d- azur/gredeg-post-doctorant-ou-post-doctorante-en-histoire-recente-de-la- pensee-economique-et-scientometrie
250 rue Albert Einstein