Title Postdoctoral Research Position in Biostatistics
School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
The Department of Biostatistics at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public
Health invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellow position for statistical
methods development to address questions of climate change and air pollution
regulatory policy. Expertise in causal inference and machine learning is
desirable but not necessary. The Postdoctoral Fellow will work with a multi-
disciplinary team with expertise in statistical methods, epidemiology, climate
science, and biomedical science. The position will be under the joint
supervision of Dr. Francesca Dominici in the Department of Biostatistics and
Dr. Rachel Nethery, and in collaboration with Dr. Danielle Braun. Applicants
should have an interest in developing and applying novel and state-of-the-art
statistical and data science methods in environmental health.
Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Biostatistics, or related
Experience in analyzing real data, strong programming skills, and familiarity
with statistical methods is preferred.
Excellent communication and writing skills desired.
The ideal candidate is an independent, solution-oriented thinker with a strong
background processing very large data sets, applying analytical rigor and
statistical methods, and driving toward actionable insights and novel
Duties and Responsibilities
The Post-doctoral Fellow will contribute to the effort of:
· Analyzing environmental health effects in big data
· Collaborate with our biostatistics and data science group
· Writing scientific articles and research proposals
· PhD in Biostatistics, Statistics or Computer Science.
· Experience in air pollution health studies (desired).
· Experience in handling very large spatial datasets.
· Experience in applied statistics and computational methods.
· Knowledge of R, SAS, and Python.
· Interest in open-source software, reproducibility and data management.
· Familiarity with multiple data science tools and ability to learn new tools
· Experience with version control systems, in particular Git and GitHub.
Contact Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Number of References Required 2
Maximum Number of References Allowed 4
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().