Postdoctoral Research Associate
University, MS, US, 38677
Department: Nat'l Ctr Computational Hydrosci & Engin (10000920)
Employee Designation: Temporary Full-time (Benefits Eligible)
Note for Current UM Employees
Current employees must apply internally via connectU >
The UM's National Center for Computational Hydroscience and Engineering
(NCCHE) is seeking a full-time Postdoctoral Associate with experience in the
research areas of Computational Hydroscience and Groundwater-Surface Water
Interactions. This is a 1-year appointment (with a possibility for extension
for 4 more years), and involves working with faculty members and research
scientists on research projects related to Computational Tools and Decision
Support System Technologies for Agricultural Watershed Physical Processes,
Water Quality and Ground Water Management.
• Develop a coupled surface-subsurface water model.
• Verify and validate numerical groundwater models with pumping and river
• Simulate groundwater artificial recharge and associated issues including
• Study groundwater-surface water interactions including the effects of
hyporheic flow and watershed infiltration and percolation.
• Ph.D. in Computational Hydroscience and Engineering, or a closely related
discipline. The PhD degree should be already received or about to be received
at the end of the current semester.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience in numerical modeling for studying groundwater-surface water
• Experience in writing peer-reviewed scientific publications.
• Experience in scientific programming (e.g., FORTRAN, Python, R).
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills (both technical and non-
• Experience in CCHE numerical models is preferred.
To learn more about our pay structure and view our salary ranges, click here
to visit the Compensation page of our Human Resources website. This link is
provided for general pay information. Hourly rate or salary may vary depending
on qualifications, experience, and departmental budget. Note: Unclassified
positions (faculty, executives, researchers and coaches) do not have
established salary ranges.
The University of Mississippi provides equal opportunity in any employment
practice, education program, or education activity to all qualified persons.
The University complies with all applicable laws regarding equal opportunity
and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment based upon race, color, gender, sex,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion,
citizenship, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic
Background Check Statement
The University of Mississippi is committed to providing a safe campus
community. UM conducts background investigations for applicants being
considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal
history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or
driving history check.
Nearest Major Market: Oxford Mississippi
Apply now »