Postdoc in cardiac psychology
The Department of Psychology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, embedded
within the Faculty of Health Sciences, invites applications for a vacant
position as postdoc in the field of cardiac psychology – the interface between
psychology and cardiology.
The postdoc position is for 3 years starting 1st of February 2022 or soon
thereafter. You will refer to Head of Department, Professor Susanne S Pedersen
and be part of her research team. You will work closely with her team members
at the department and collaborators at the Departments of Cardiology, Odense
University Hospital and Aarhus University Hospital. You will also be part of
the INSIDE research group
The Department of Psychology has been built up over the last 11 years and
forms the research basis for the bachelor and master's degree programmes in
psychology at the University of Southern Denmark. Both degree programmes are
fully developed, and the first master's students graduated in August 2015.
The research foci of the Department include Psychotraumatology and
Interpersonal Violence, Pedagogical and Child Psychology, Cognitive and
Biological Psychology, Architectural Psychology, Personality Psychology, and
Medical and Clinical Psychology with a translational perspective. The research
programme is currently organised into 6 research groups, with our academic
staff members participating in one or more of the research groups.
For more information on the research groups see:
https: // www. sdu.dk/en/omsdu/Instituttercentre/Institutpsykologi/Forskning
https: // www. sdu.dk/en/omsdu/Instituttercentre/Institutpsykologi/Forskning/Forskningsgrupper
• A dynamic and international workplace that values collaboration and sparring
• Continuing education of members of staff
• Flexibility in planning working hours
• A good working environment
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A highly motivated and ambitious candidate with an interest in the area of
medical and health psychology, preferably with knowledge of cardiovascular
disease, and experience with quantitative and qualitative methods within
psychology. Candidates who have experience with register research and use of
the Danish registers and systematic reviews / meta-analyses will be preferred.
You will contribute actively to the environment of the department through the
• Active participation in one or more of the research groups of the department
• Development of a dynamic research environment through the establishment of
national and international collaborations
• Raising external competitive research funds together with the cardiac
psychology research group led by Professor Pedersen
We expect you to have:
• A master's degree in psychology as stand alone or with a PhD degree
• Some experience with teaching in medical and health psychology
• Competences in research and methodology
• Competences and interest in developing and coordinating research activities
related to cardiac psychology
• Strong communicative and collaborative skills and ability to build
relationships (national and international) and networks
• An interest in working in an international and interdisciplinary environment
• Proficiency in spoken and written English
Further information can be obtained from the Head of Department, Professor
Susanne S Pedersen, telephone +45 6550 7992, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement
between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of
Applications will be assessed by an expert committee. Applicants will be
informed of their assessment by the university.
Only applications written in English will be accepted for evaluation.
Applications - including the required attachments - must be sent via the
below-mentioned link “Apply online". Only online applications will be
accepted. Attached files must be Adobe PDF or Word format. Each field in the
application form can contain up to max. 10 Mb.
The application must contain (as pdf.- or docx.-files):
• a motivation letter
• a detailed CV
• degree certificates (inclusive of Ph.D.-diploma)
• a complete and numbered list of publications
• up to 3 scientific peer-reviewed publications considered by the applicant to
the most important for this position. Please notice that one pdf.- or
docx.-file must be attached for each publication.
• a teaching portfolio detailing the candidate's prior teaching experience,
teaching skills, and teaching philosophy
• a research plan detailing the candidate's ideas and plans for her/his future
• a presentation of other qualifications of relevance to the position.
Applications that are incomplete with regard to the above-mentioned
requirements will not be assessed.
Applications may be shortlisted.
The University encourages all interested persons to apply, regardless of age,
gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background.