The Policy Coordinator is responsible for the formulation, review, and implementation of all UHCL campus policies. Analyzes current policies and conducts policy research in coordinating existing policies with UH System SAMS, State and Federal law while ensuring all revised and newly created policies support the overarching mission of UHCL. Manages the entire campus policy portfolio including but not limited to managing policies through the shared governance review process, maintaining the campus policy website, and coordinating with the UH System Office of General Counsel.
1. Bachelor's degree in Education, Public Policy, Political Science, Business, Economics, Law, or another closely related field.
2. Minimum three years of experience in policy formulation, review, implementation, and management, or comparable experience in a related field.
3. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to work as a member of a team and work collaboratively, building strategic relations with all levels of staff in the campus community.
5. Ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions, make sense of, combine, and organize information into meaningful patterns.
6. Ability to analyze and prepare documents as well as organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines.
7. Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
8. Ability to develop, interpret, and evaluate policies and procedures.
9. Organizational skills in managing projects simultaneously while maintaining a satisfactory work product.
Master's degree in Education, Public Policy, Political Science, Business, Economics, Law, or another closely related field.
Five years of experience in policy formulation, review and implementation in Higher Education.
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume
Notes to Applicant:
Full-time position with benefits. Background check required. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a resume. Applications without the required documents will be considered incomplete and disqualified.
Salary: $52,031 - $57,234 per yearSchedule
: C0060 Office of the PresidentJob Posting
: Feb 14, 2023, 5:10:53 AM