Please Note: We will be happy to email you a copy of our Constitution, Core Values, and Statement of Faith. Please send your request to [email protected]
CORNERSTONE BAPTIST CHURCH
GROVELAND, ILLINOIS JOB DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Pastor of Worship and Discipleship
GENERAL SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the elders, the Pastor of Worship and Discipleship serves as the spiritual leader, organizer, and developer of the Worship(music) ministry. He also serves to pioneer, lead, and invigorate the discipleship ministries of the church.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS PASTOR: 1. Lead all aspects of planning and implementing the worship of God in song at Cornerstone s services including: – Selecting songs that are a mix of the best, most biblical songs from the various eras of church history, harmonizing the message of the songs with the message from the Word that day, if possible. (Cornerstone appreciates many hymns and the works of such groups as Keith and Kristyn Getty, Sovereign Grace, City Alight, Matt Boswell, et al.) – Strike a tone of joy, reverence, and awe as fits the occasion. – Pursue excellence in musical ability and shepherd others to do the same. – Incorporate the Word of God and appropriate pastoral comments as the congregation is led in worship. – Periodically work special music and choir pieces into the schedule as is beneficial. – Organize and maintain a positive, collaborative relationship with all musicians and existing song leaders.
2. Lead, organize, and empower the discipleship ministries of CBC.
– Providing vision and shepherding for the Growth Group ministry (small groups) – Administrate the adult Sunday School classes – Provide vision and leadership to aspects of CBC s outreach to the community. – Regularly teach in Sunday School, and also our Wednesday Evening Service as needed.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL CBC PASTORS: 1. Be devoted to the study of Word and prayer. 2. Serve as and carryout responsibilities of an elder of CBC. 3. Provide biblical counseling as needed and grow in proficiency in this arena, consistent with the philosophies of the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors.
4. Prepare and deliver expository sermons on Sunday to supplement the teaching of the Teaching Pastor according to a schedule collaboratively determined by the Teaching Pastor. 5. Maintain a healthy working relationship with the other pastors and staff. 6. Participate faithfully in worship and fellowship activities of the church 7. Maintain a personal program of spiritual growth and maturity through faithful Bible study, prayer, and service to others. 8. Maintain a personal program of professional growth through continuing education and attendance at relevant professional conferences and seminars. 9. Perform other duties as needed to aid the ministry of Cornerstone Baptist Church.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Satisfies eligibility requirements for membership in Cornerstone Baptist Church 2. Possess and maintain the personal characteristics as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. 3. Master of Divinity degree though an accredited seminary or a Bachelor degree from an accredited Bible college in conjunction with pastoral experience.
1. To the Teaching Pastor, for responsibilities detailed in this job description and day-to- day direction.
2. To the elders for overall vision and for continuing spiritual growth and example.