Pastor for Family Ministry & DiscipleshipJob Description:
Covenant Presbyterian Church is seeking a Pastor for Family Ministry & Discipleship. This position provides pastoral, administrative and spiritual support to our family ministries, overseeing youth and children's staff, and leads our small groups and discipleship programs integrating them into the life and community of Covenant. This position provide compassionate leadership to the overall planning, development, team-building, pastoral oversight, evaluation, and mission advancement of ministries aimed at growing our families, children and youth toward greater faithfulness in their faithfulness and fruitfulness in relationship to Jesus Christ our Lord. S/he also facilitates small group and other discipleship ministries helping our church family grow deeper in their understanding of, trust in and experience with our Living Lord:
• Develop and lead our church in a holistic (cradle-to-grave) strategy to draw people closer to the LORD.
• Together with Ministry Teams, develop Discipleship ministry, including vision, goals, and benchmarks
• Develop Small Group ministry as a primary avenue for the spiritual growth for members.
• Work with Ministry Teams to develop vision, goals, and benchmarks for the Small Group Ministry
• Evaluate and recommend curriculum for Small Groups
• Continually recruit, train, and empower Small Group leaders and equip them to disciple others.
• Actively lead all Children's and Youth Ministries, participating and delegating as appropriate.
• Proactively manage and empower Family Ministries Staff (currently consists of Youth Leader, Interim Sunday School Director, Interim Kid's Club Director, Nursery Lead)Position Qualifications:
• The candidate must meet the qualifications of 1Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9
• The candidate must demonstrate a clear call to vocational ministry.
• The candidate must have sufficient experience in discipleship and family ministries.
• The candidate must be in full agreement with the beliefs of the EPC.
• 3-5 years proven experience in church leadership
Education and Experience
• College Degree & Bible/Seminary Training is preferred
• Education and experience in ministry in leadership and teaching roles
Essential Competencies and Skills:
• Administrative Skills: Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills and self-motivated. Able to “keep several balls in the air” and design mechanisms across the organization to create and maintain continuity. Ensure all tasks are done correctly, thoroughly, and with precision.
• Communication Skills: An outstanding communicator who faithfully and imaginatively takes Biblical truth and provides application in both congregational and individual contexts
• Passion for Discipleship: Demonstrated heart for people and their growth in Christ. Must have a heart to reach non-believers and possess a clear conviction that all of God's people are to make disciples and seek to fulfill the Great Commission. Demonstrated experience in developing, equipping, and supporting volunteer ministry teams to accomplish projects and goals with excellence Education and Experience Required. Hunger to develop new and creative ways to inspire and motivate members and friends of the church, and the passion and energy to sustain a vibrant ministry. Expertise in and a desire to develop discipleship methods and models.
• Technological: Strong skills and the ability both to leverage current digital platforms and consider new solutions for ongoing improvement.
• Collaborative/Team-Oriented: Humbly commit to working with other pastors, elders, staff, and church members. Committed to proactively soliciting input and expertise from staff and church members, as well as from resources outside of the church.
• Relational over Attractional: Loves to engage people personally and build relationships. An outgoing and winsome leader with high emotional intelligence who can interact positively with a wide variety of personalities, and has demonstrated success in regularly welcoming and connecting people strategically and successfully into the life of a local church
• Theological & Denominational: A solid and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, as Lord and Savior, has a passion for God and is theologically reformed and willing to participate in and submit to Presbyterian Polity, specifically the EPC denomination.Application Deadline
Full TimeSalary Range:
$55k-$70kGeneral Information Church/Organization Name
Covenant Presbyterian Church of RenoContact Name & Contact Info
Presbyterian - OtherCity, State
Reno, NVDescription of Organization
Covenant Presbyterian Church is an Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) where:
• We make the distinction that, not simply do “people” matter; every person matters.
• We are community-minded; a large portion of our resources goes to serve those outside of our walls, in our neighborhood and throughout our city.
• We place a high value on education. Specifically, teaching the whole Word of God.
Because our church is multi-generational, we believe that our children and young families are not just the future of our church; they are a vital part of our church today.
The main purpose of this position is to lead a concerted effort to live out these our core values. To bring focus and continuity—to “keep the main thing the main thing”—in all that we do, and to coordinate and lead our family ministries. We are seeking a person who loves the LORD and who will champion the discipleship of all people, helping us together and individually to become more like Him.
Our community is Reno: Nevada mountains, three miles from the University of Nevada and downtown Reno, the “biggest little city in the world”. The “fields are ripe for harvest” for helping the lost find hope and salvation in Jesus the Savior. Our increasing population speaks of economic opportunity and a relatively lower cost of living compared to other American cities. The church has a membership of nearly 200 and is committed to a full and diverse set of ministries, including strong music, youth and children's programs that connect with a large number of community members. Covenant also values strong partnerships with local and global mission agencies. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered on Sunday mornings, with attendance of approximately 150 adults each week. Covenant seeks to maximize the opportunity God has given us to encourage people to become passionate followers of Jesus and to partner with Him in lifelong redemptive transformation for His glory.
Apply Online Contact Via EmailPost navigation
Lead PastorInterim Senior Pastor