→ Apply before 18-06-2021 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Department: Interdisciplinary Study of Law, Private Law and Business Law
→ Occupancy rate: 70%
→ Number of positions: 1
→ Type of employment: contract of definite duration
→ Term of assignment: max. 6 months
→ Wage scale: WM1-WM4 (Master) or PD1-PD4 (PhD)
→ Required diploma: Master or PhD
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it
is actively involved in education and research, management and administration,
as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one
of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career
opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering
state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of
academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and
The Institute for Private International Law of the Faculty of Law &
Criminology is looking for a part-time researcher for a short-term research
assignment starting in August 2021 (starting date to be agreed).
- You will contribute to the development of the CUREDI database (Cultural
and Religious Diversity under State Law across Europe), coordinated by the
Max Planck Institute for Social Anthropology in Halle (Germany).
- You analyse Belgian case law in international family law from the
perspective of 'cultural and religious diversity' and provide summaries and
comments for the CUREDI database.
- You have experience in the collection and processing of Belgian case law in
the field of private international law.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and German (language of Belgian case law)
and English (language of the CUREDI database).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You hold a Master's degree or a thesis-based doctorate in Law.
- You have thorough knowledge of Belgian law.
- You are interested in private international law and human rights. You are
familiar with the topic of diversity.
- You have good writing skills in Dutch and English.
- You are communicative and can work well in a team, but also show a high
degree of autonomy, creativity and a sense of initiative.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period from max. 6
- Your contract will start on 15/08/2021 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you
hold a Master's degree) or salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a
doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales.
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a
wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave
(on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge
days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview
of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline
(see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not
submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV': your CV
- In the field ‘Cover letter': your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma': a transcript of the required degree (if already in
your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our
national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a
translation in one of the mentioned languages.
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy,
everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Jinske Verhellen
(email@example.com). Important: do NOT send your application by
email, but apply online.
Do you have a question? Please read our FAQ regarding the online application