Posting Details (Default Section)
Posting Number: 0602798
Position Title: Part time Business Instructor (Hiring Now for Statistics)
Position is: Part Time
Position Type: Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Department/Ofc.: Business and Computer Technologies
WCC is Hiring Now for Part time Business Statistics Instructors to teach
On Campus starting this Summer 2022 and Fall 2022. You must have an earned
MBA or Master's Degree in business, statistics or research-related field from
a regionally accredited institution.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is also accepting applications for part-
time Business Instructors to teach ON-CAMPUS Business (BMG) credit courses
in the following areas:
• Business Communication
• Operations Management
• Supply Chain
• Other Business-related areas
Needs may become available each semester. Upon successful submission of your
application, resume, and transcripts, you will be considered for teaching
opportunities on a per course basis. Please apply only if you have
availability to teach classes on-campus.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
• Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate
learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet
overall course objectives and program goals.
• Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic
• Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written
examinations and overall observation.
• Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth,
returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning
final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines
• Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting
individual students as needed.
• Participate in professional activities, which could include, but are not
limited to, curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection,
program evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
• Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
• Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: Schedules vary according to class schedules. Part time
Instructors may teach up to (8) eight contact hours per week or 120 contact
hours per semester. The terms of employment are based on college enrollment
and class enrollment.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Earned MBA, Master's Degree or higher in a business-related field from a
regionally accredited institution required.
• See the full list of requirements for more details on specific courses:WCC
• Three (3) years related work experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Business courses.
Posting Date: 04/26/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through
accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as
a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on
the success of our students, faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is
committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Salary/Hourly Rate: $61.33
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Based on the WCC Teaching Requirements document, do you meet the minimum qualifications for the area in which you are interested?
Please provide us your availability.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Business courses?
In what area (subject) are you qualified to teach based on the WCC Teaching Requirements document?
(Open Ended Question)
Letter of Reference 1
Letter of Reference 2
Letter of Reference 3