Posting Details (Default Section)
Posting Number: 0602797
Position Title: Part time Accounting Instructor
Position is: Part Time
Position Type: Faculty Position (Full Time/Part Time)
Department/Ofc.: Business and Computer Technologies
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) is seeking a Part time Accounting
Instructor to teach Accounting credit courses. Needs may become available each
semester. Upon successful submission of your application, resume, and
transcripts, you will be considered for teaching opportunities on a per course
basis. Courses may be taught online.
Actively seeking Instructors who can teach face to face classes on the
main campus for the Fall 2022 semester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and maintain environment conducive to student learning.
• Prepare for and instruct assigned course(s) through the use of appropriate
learning experiences and materials which provide the opportunity to meet
overall course objectives and program goals.
• Adhere to course syllabus and comply with Assessment of Student Academic
• Evaluate student progress through day to day evaluation, written
examinations and overall observation.
• Grade assignments in a meaningful way to promote continued student growth,
returning graded assignments to students in a timely manner, and assigning
final grades for all students, meeting or beating all institutional deadlines
• Actively support student success through guidance, advising and assisting
individual students as needed.
• Participate in professional activities, which could include, but are not
limited to, curriculum planning, examination development, textbook selection,
program evaluation/revision and other professional planning activities.
• Participate in the Student Opinion Questionnaire (SOQ) process.
• Maintain levels of professional knowledge and expertise, including
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: Schedules vary according to class schedules. Part time
Instructors may teach up to (8) eight contact hours per week or 120 contact
hours per semester. The terms of employment are based on college enrollment
and class enrollment.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Earned Master's Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in
Accounting, Tax or MBA with a concentration in Accounting required. Current
CPA or CMA can substitute for degree concentration.
• Two (2) years related work experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Accounting
• Online, remote, or virtual teaching experience.
• QM Teaching Online certified.
• CPA or CMA.
Posting Date: 04/19/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete all sections of the application and submit required documents.
Our college strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through
accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as
a reflection of our commitment to serve our diverse community and to build on
the success of our students, faculty & staff. Washtenaw Community College is
committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment.
Washtenaw Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Salary/Hourly Rate: $61.33
2021-2022 Academic Year
Professional Instructor (Non-Adjunct)
$920 per one (1) course contact hour The course contact hour divided by 15
equals the clock hour rate (i.e., $920/15 = $61.33). Normally a three (3)
credit hour course in either Fall or Winter Semester would typically equal
three (3) course contact hours.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you meet the minimum qualifications for this position?
Please provide us your availability.
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in Accounting courses?
Letter of Reference 1
Letter of Reference 2
Letter of Reference 3