In compliance with SB 1162, Western University of Health Sciences is providing a pay scale for this position. The pay scale reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position. Within this range, the individual pay is determined by a variety of factors, including but not limited to the position's level, core duties, job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and work location. Please note that the compensation details listed reflects the base salary only.
Classification Series DetailsFunction College of Veterinary Medicine
Family Research Classification Series Title Research Assistant
Classification Pay ScaleMinimum $50,000.00
Posting DetailsPosting Number S01227
Position Title Operations Coordinator CVM Research Department Position Status Full-time Campus Western University Campus-Pomona, CA Department 1701-College of Veterinary Medicine Job Summary
To support research and grant activities supervised by the Associate Dean for Research in the College of Veterinary Medicine (CVM)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Individuals must possess knowledge, as well as the following skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. · Attention to detail, ability to independently generate accurate reports by short- and long-term deadlines
· Reliability, strong organizational skills, and work ethics
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Expert level Excel user, able to create and manage complex spreadsheets and descriptive statistics
· Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Power BI, SharePoint.
· Advanced mathematical skills, including ability to use a 10-key calculator.
· Independent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills. Must be able to interact effectively with administration, faculty, staff, and students.
Experience: A minimum of 2 to 3 years of related experience is desirable
List comments regarding work hours
Typical hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm, with one hour lunch. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
Posting Date 01/13/2023 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Essential Job Duties
Budget management and Reporting
· Assist in procurement and purchasing of research supplies and equipment for CVM
· Reconciliation of research accounts (including operating funds, designated funds, and internal grants), and regular reporting of usage
· Assist in the preparation of annual research budget
· Monitor spending on intramural grants
· Preparation of financial statements
Percentage Of Time 50 Job Duties
Data reporting and analysis
· Data collection and preparation of reports / presentations related to research productivity, and student engagement in the College
Percentage Of Time 30 Job Duties
· Liaison with Sponsored Programs Office
· Assist faculty with grant submission
Percentage Of Time 15 Job Duties
Other duties as assigned
Percentage Of Time 5Physical Demands
Physical DemandsDo the essential functions of this job require lifting? Yes
If yes, list maximum weight and duration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.This position requires up to 25 pounds up to 1/3 of the time of this job.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and use hands to use equipment, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Color, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are all vision requirements of this job.
Describe Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties of the Research Analyst are normally performed in a typical office setting. The noise level in this setting is usually moderate due to the proximity of various office machines and light office traffic. The employee must be able to work on a computer for extended time.Applicant Documents
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)