Online Adjunct Instructor - Speech
Bookmark this Posting Print Preview Apply for this Job
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
Open to Texas Residents ONLY
Please view posting details below. To apply to this posting, please click the
Job Title Online Adjunct Instructor - Speech
Posting Number P002919
Position Type Adjunct
Position Status Part Time
Grant Funded No
Grant Funding Source N/A
Category Adjunct Faculty
Class Code 28
Pay Rate Commensurate with education.
Department CN TCC Connect Instruction
Reporting to the campus department instructional leader, adjunct instructors
provide assistance to students in their learning process by utilizing all
appropriate college resources, materials, facilities, and educational
technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process
providing a direct impact to student success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules and modalities as
assigned by designated supervisor
• Accommodates diverse student needs and external stakeholders' expectations
of the College
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad diversities
represented in the student population, colleagues, and service area
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students following the College Master
Syllabus using the approved learning management system
• Communicates regularly with students and college officials, including
responding to e-mails, calls, and requests for meetings
• Independently pursues activities to enhance subject matter expertise, skills
in various modes of instruction, and knowledge of learning
• Prepares assignments and assessments to assure achievement of learning
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student
learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records weekly and certifies student
enrollments by the established deadline
• Evaluates student performance and learning in accordance with discipline and
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students, posts grades in
the learning management system weekly, and submits final grades by the
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in College's commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and
program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit
• Supports the College's 3 Goals and 8 Principles
• Complete all required training and professional development sessions
sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Support the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student
success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Attends the workplace regularly and follows a work schedule to keep up with
the demands of the worksite
• Adheres to College policies and procedures
• Adheres to applicable safety procedures
Performs other related tasks as required.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of
work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does
not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a
logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an
employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to
change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Master's degree or higher in Speech Communication or Communications; or
Master's degree or higher with 18 graduate hours in Speech Communication or
Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
• Previous online teaching experience
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting
that is diverse
• Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in
a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and
unpredictable in scope and volume
• Ability to use computer applications and enterprise systems, including
proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
Open to Texas Residents ONLY
Contact Rebekah Adderley
Resume / Curriculum Vitae
Certification / License
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Please select the highest level of education you have completed.
High School Diploma / GED
60 or more College Credit Hours
None of the above
Do you have 18 graduate hours in Speech (SPCH) or Communications (COMM)?
Please list any certification or licensure you have that is directly related to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
How many years of experience do you have teaching online courses?
Less than 1 year of experience
1 year of experience
2 years of experience
3 years of experience
4 years of experience
5 or more years of experience
How would you rate your level of experience using word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)?
How would you rate your experience with web-based software?
Describe your experience as it relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)