NOTICE FOR THE AWARD OF RESEARCH GRANTS
Open call for one (1) Research Grant under the TRUE - Trustworthy news and Related content for a Unified writing Environment – a project under the ID (AAC 17/SI/2019) of DigiMedia/Department of Communication and Art, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Communication Sciences and Technologies
2. Financing Source: IDT Copromoção (AAC 17/SI/2019)
3. Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a Degree in the scientific area of Information and Communication Sciences or related areas. Applicants must be enrolled in a MsC in Information and Communication Sciences or related areas. Applicants must have academic and/or professional experience in evaluation of digital solutions and writing scientific documentation. Experience in research projects, with participation in testing and evaluation processes of digital solutions and writing of scientific documentation is valued as well as the knowledge of the English language.
The proof of enrolment must be made available until the contract is awarded, and the candidate may attach a declaration of honor to confirm that they meet the requirements for enrolment in an integrated master's degree, master's or doctoral program or in a course that does not confer an academic degree.
If the qualification has been conferred by a foreign higher education institution it must be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, under the terms of the provisions of article 25 of Decree-Law no. 66/2018, of August 16th, which approves the legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of Higher Education, attributed by foreign higher education institutions, and of paragraph e) of no. 2 of article 4 of Decree-Law no. 60/2018, of August 3rd, and any formalities established therein must be fulfilled by the date of the hiring act.
4. Eligibility: Applicants are eligible if they comply with paragraph a) of no.1 of article 2, of the Research Fellow Statute in the wording given by Decree-Law no. 123/2019, of August 28th, and also the provisions of article 9 of the Scientific Research Grant Regulations of the University of Aveiro. The duration of the RG is, as a rule, annual, extendable to a maximum of two years, in the case of master's degrees, integrated master's degrees and non- degree courses, and the respective duration, including renewal, may be consecutive or interpolated, pursuant to no. 5 of Article 9 of the above mentioned Regulation.
5. Work plan:
It is intended, during this scholarship, to perform the following tasks:
6. Applicable legislation and regulations: Research Fellow Statute, as amended by Decree-Law No. 123/2019, of August 28th; Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, Regulation No. 292/2020, published in Diário da República No. 61, Series II, of March 26th; Decree-Law No. 66/2018, of August 16th (Legal regime of recognition of academic degrees and diplomas of higher education awarded by foreign higher education institutions).
7. Work place: The work will be carried out at the Department of Communication and Art of the University of Aveiro, in the DigiMedia research center, under the scientific supervision of Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva.
8. Duration of the fellowship(s): The grant duration will be 6 months, starting in January 2023, up to the maximum limit of approved funding. Under no circumstances shall it exceed the limits defined in nos. 5 and 6 of article 9, of Regulation no. 292/2020, of February 28th, published in Diário da República, no. 61, Series II, of March 26th (Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro).
9. Amount of the monthly maintenance allowance: The amount of the grant is €875,98, according to the table of values of monthly maintenance allowances, set out in Appendix III of the Scientific Research Grant Regulation of the University of Aveiro, subject to any updates that may occur and are applicable. The fellow may also be reimbursed for the amount corresponding to the Voluntary Social Security, in case of adherence to this plan.
10. Selection methods: The selection methods to be used are:
(a) Curriculum evaluation (50%);
b) Interview (50%).
11. Composition of the Selection Board: Professor Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da Silva (Chairman); Professor Jorge Trinidad Ferraz de Abreu (Effective Member); Professor Rita Alexandra Silva Oliveira (Effective Member); Professor Hélder José Marques Caixinha (Substitute Member); Professor Pedro Alexandre dos Santos Almeida (Substitute Member.
12. Application deadline and form of presentation of applications: The call is open from 18 of November to 02 of December 2022 and only applications submitted within the deadline will be admitted.
The application should be formalized with the following documents: Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, qualifications certificate and other supporting documents deemed relevant. They shall also indicate the e-mail address to which by such indication they accept to be notified for all purposes within this procedure.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
13. Form of publication/notification of results: The results of the evaluation shall be made public no later than 60 working days after the closing date for submission of applications and shall be notified to the applicants. The candidates are informed, in a prior hearing, under the terms established in the Code of Administrative Procedure, of the probable meaning of the final decision, and may, within 10 working days of this notification, express their opinion on this decision. The final results may be appealed to the Rector, to be submitted within 10 working days from the respective notification.
14. Tender duration: The final ranking list of candidates will be valid until 1st of March 2023 for the purpose of constituting a reserve list for selection.
The models of the grant contract and of the final report to be prepared by the grant holder and the supervisor are available at Research fellows - sgrh - Universidade de Aveiro (ua.pt).
University of Aveiro, 15 November 2022
Telmo Eduardo Miranda Castelão da SilvaWeb site for additional job details
https:// uaonline.ua.pt/detail.asp?c=78562Contact Information