UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System! The UNT System institutions include the University of North Texas (Denton & Frisco campuses), the University of North Texas at Dallas (Main & College of Law campuses) and the University of North Texas HSC in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, the UNT System enrollment has increased more than 25 percent to over 50,000 students.
Posting Title MHFA Trainer On-Call Department DAL-Criminal Justice & Sociology-514100 Job Location Dallas Full Time/Part Time Part-Time Pay Rate Salary Information Department Summary
HOPE is a UNT Dallas program supported by a five-year (2022-2027) federal grant awarded to UNT Dallas from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA). This grant is focused to provide Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training to a large audience of individuals so that they can recognize the signs and symptoms of mental illness and identify resources available in the community. The MHFA Trainer will coordinate and deliver the training programs to the target populations consistent with best practices.
Working under the supervision of the Project Director, the MHFA Trainer will be a qualified person to instruct Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training sessions (in-person and/or virtual) for the UNT Dallas HOPE program. Major responsibilities will be:
• Instruct Mental Health First Aid training sessions • Facilitate registration, participant enrollment, communication with the registrants
•Be present for the full duration of assigned training and instruct agreed- upon segments
• Collect sign-in sheets and send them to the Program Evaluator
• Help administer participant pre- and post-surveys
• Distribute incentives to each participant (provided by the program), if applicable
• Comply with all evaluation instructions from the Evaluator/Co-PD of the grant
• All job duties indicated are not to be an exhaustive statement and other job-related duties may be assigned as required by the Project Director and Project Co-PD/Evaluator
Additional Posting Details
Applicants must possess the following:
· Excellent customer service skills, effective oral and written communication skills
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
· Thorough knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
· Demonstrated ability to complete tasks independently.
· Proficiency to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data, and to prepare reports from such records.
· Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
· Responsible, reliable and punctual.
· Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work of others.
· Must be able to pass a Department of Family & Protective Services background check
Bilingual in Spanish
Required License / Registration / Certification
Mental Health First Aid Instructor certificate
Monday-Friday, some Saturdays On-call 10 hours per week
Driving University Vehicle No Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position. EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Physical Requirements Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Ability to communicate
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number H999P
Position End Date (if temporary) Special Instructions to Applicants Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/72429Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Documents Needed to Apply