Position InformationWorking Title Medical Administrative Assistant - 9-Month (JMU Only)
Position Number 8521 Posting Number S3197 State Role Title Administrative and Office Specialist II Position Type Classified Position Status Full Time FLSA Status Non-Exempt: Eligible for Overtime College/Division Health and Wellbeing Department 300016 - Student Health Serv Pay Band 2 Pay Rate Pay Range Specify Range or Amount $24,000 - $25,800 Is this a JMU Only position? Yes. This is a JMU only recruitment, only current JMU employees are eligible to apply. Is this a grant-funded position? No Is this a Conflict of Interest designated position? No
Position Summary Information
General Information: The Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) will serve as the primary point of contact for students scheduling, checking into, and/or checking out of appointments in the University Health Center. The MAA will provide additional assistance to Health Information with entering health records, insurance cards, and making referrals as appropriate.
This is a 9-month position working from 8/10 to 5/9.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service to students and visitors to the Health Center and ensure their questions are answered related to the service offerings of the UHC. - Assists students with scheduling future appointments, checking in for current appointments, and completing financial transactions at the end of the visit by applying applicable fees, posting payments, and issuing receipts - Provides confidential & professional practice management service to students and staff in person and on the phone, re-directing phone calls as appropriate. - Maintains a well-organized office area. - Assist Health Information Coordinator with verification of student data, particularly being available to answer student/parent questions regarding immunization requirements
- Experience working in a University health care setting
- Electronic Health Records system experience (preferably Medicat)
- Basic accounting skills, including knowledge of current JMU policies and procedures to include cash handling and the acceptance of FLEX and credit card payments.
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organized, efficient, and show attention to detail
- Experience handling sensitive information while maintaining a high level of confidentiality and exercising discretion
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff.
Condition(s) of Employment
Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a criminal background check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. James Madison University uses the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Posting Detail InformationPosting Date 05/12/2023
Beginning Review Date 05/20/2023 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Proposed Starting Date EEO Statement
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance searching or applying for jobs please contact us at (540) 568-3597 or [email protected]. You may also visit the JMU Human Resource Office, located at 752 Ott Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22807 and we will be happy to assist you.
Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report
https:// www. jmu.edu/publicsafety/clerycompliance/righttoknow.shtml
Minimum Reference(s) Required 3 Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting https: // joblink.jmu.edu/postings/14645 Additional Posting InformationDocuments Needed to Apply
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)