Title InformationWorking Title Media Relations - Student Worker (Non-Federal)
Student Worker $ Amount (Hourly or Assignment Rate) 11Position Details
Position InformationPosting Number S2872022
Department Name Office of the President The hiring departments available work study funding is: This department has non-federal funds available Position Summary
Media Relations Student Worker
Job Duties and Responsibilities
JOB DESCRIPTION: This student worker position reports to the Director of Media Relations in the Office of the President. The successful student candidate will successfully assist in researching, writing, editing and proofreading a variety of university media for internal and external media. The student will support communication and public relations activities, such as special events, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Knowledge and understanding of Associated Press style
· Must be a junior or senior
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Apps
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· Good communication, problem-solving and organizational skills
· Strong sense of responsibility and commitment
· Be available six to 10 hours per week to perform duties
· Must be a major or minor in one of the following: public relations, communication, journalism, professional writing or related field
· Applicants should have taken at least two of the following courses: Beginning Reporting, Copyediting, Advanced Reporting, Intro to Research Methods, Introduction to Public Relations, Punctuation and AP Style, Writing for Public Relations, Writing for Magazines, Media Law and Ethics, Social Media Management, and Nonprofit Public Relations.
University, Campus, and Community Description
Thank you for your interest in employment at the University of Central Arkansas. Founded in 1907, UCA has an enrollment of more than 10,000, of which more than 15% are graduate students. The university offers more than 90 undergraduate and 60 graduate certificate and degree programs, including doctoral programs in five disciplines. The undergraduate student body consistently scores above the national average on the ACT exam. UCA is proud of its tradition of teaching excellence and its contributions in research, scholarship, and creative activities. UCA seeks to attract students and employees that are dedicated to building a culture of diversity, belonging, inclusion, and equity.
Posting Detail Information
Employment is contingent upon the availability of funds and course enrollments
UCA EEO Statement
The University of Central Arkansas is an affirmative action/equal opportunity institution dedicated to attracting and supporting a diverse student, faculty and staff population through enhanced multicultural learning environments and opportunities. In keeping with its nondiscrimination policy in employment, admissions and other functions and programs, the university considers employees and students on the basis of individual merit and will not discriminate against a person on the basis of gender, race or color, ethnicity, religion, spiritual beliefs, national origin, age, familial status, socioeconomic background, sexual orientation, disability, political beliefs, intellectual perspective, genetic information, military status, or other factors irrelevant to participation in its programs.
Open Date 11/01/2022 Close Date 02/15/2023 Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following: Resume Cover letter/Letter of Application Unofficial Transcripts Writing Sample Class Schedule Contact information for a minumum of two and a maximum of three professional references that can supply a letter of recommendation for you.”Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().Applicant Documents