Location: Wake Forest, NC
START YOUR APPLICATION
JOB TITLE: Marketing Assistant (Full Time)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
DIVISION: Institutional Advancement
SUPERVISOR: Director of Marketing and Communications
I. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Marketing Assistant serves to support the staff and goals of the office of marketing and
communications by providing administrative assistance, digital marketing assistance, website
management, and by serving as the primary office liaison with other seminary staff and outside
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage internal office operation including placing orders, managing budget tracking and
reconciliation, helping facilitate task management system and assisting in meetings
• Provide support for staff personnel employed by the department.
• Aid in interpreting the nature of the department and the tasks accomplished by this office
to the administration, staff, students and other various constituencies.
• Assist the director and associate director in making, communicating, and implementing
decisions in keeping with the responsibilities of the department.
• Serve as primary office liaison with other seminary staff and outside vendors
• Process all communications work requests from various campus departments
• Manage content edits and updates for primary websites
• Maintain relationship and work requests with contracted website developers
• Work with other members of Marketing and Communications team in conception and
design of visual elements for websites
• Managing the various existing assets and ensuring that information is current and
consistent across all platforms and published web assets
• Update monthly website analytics reports
• Work closely with other team members in collaborative atmosphere
III. OTHER DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES
• Attend certain meetings with other internal offices or external clients to better understand
projects and assist in the development and realization of marketing and communications
• Support-level participation in important campus events such as conferences, Southeastern
Society, and Board of Trustees meetings may be needed
• Assist the director in the management of the office in matters assigned to the office by the
president or by seminary policies and procedures.
• Manage telephones and other messages conveyed to the department as well as distributing
interoffice and postal mail.
• Assist with arrangements such as travel, housing as necessary.
• Assist with arrangements such as travel, housing for the annual Southern Baptist
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of the seminary's presence at the Southern Baptist
• Assist the director in preparation of student staff schedules of classes, work hours and
other documents as needed.
• Assist in preparing and proofreading materials as assigned.
• Maintain administrative files and other necessary records in the office.
• Handle check requests and purchase orders for the department and maintain financial
• Maintain and order an adequate amount of office supplies for the department.
• Copying, filing, faxing as related to miscellaneous projects.
• Assist Institutional Advancement (IA) division at certain events and rare occasional
assistance with IA recruiting events
• Assist director and associate director as needed.
IV. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
V. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• At least two years of successful training and/or experience, or other evidence of
• Good language and communication skills and ability to proofread.
• Able to use all general office equipment.
• Knowledge of modern computer software and the ability to learn other computer
programs as needed in the performance of the job.
• Ability to multi-task with several interruptions.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality in sensitive matters of Seminary
• Ability to work with content management systems and web design platforms including
but not limited to WordPress and Squarespace
• Must be efficient, organized, and able to execute tasks with minimal supervision
VI. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
• Prepare purchase orders and check requests for incoming invoices or reimbursements for
travel or other approved office expenditures.
• Reconcile monthly budget and expense reports for the office and its staff
• May be responsible for setting up paid digital marketing such as promoted social media
VII. EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
• Communication with all other departments within the Seminary including some faculty
and most staff.
• Communication with outside vendors for miscellaneous projects.
• Communication with students on various responsibilities they meet with the Department.
• Communication with outside media as directed by the director.
VIII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Walking, lifting, equipment, operation, etc.)
• Normal fitness as required for office duties.
IX. WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work
hours, unusual environmental conditions, etc.)
• Some overtime may be required when trying to meet deadlines during the planning of the
Southern Baptist Convention or during Southeastern Society/Board of Trustees meeting.
START YOUR APPLICATION