School / Service
School of Science & Technology
Department of Engineering
Founded in 1894, City, University of London is a global university committed to academic excellence with a focus on business and the professions and an enviable central London location.
City attracts around 20,000 students (over 40% at postgraduate level), from more than 150 countries and staff from over 75 countries.
In the last decade City has almost tripled the proportion of its total academic staff producing world-leading or internationally excellent research. During this period City has made significant investments in its academic staff, its estate and its infrastructure and continues to work towards realising its vision of being a leading global university.Background
The post holder will be recruited as part of the Horizon Europe Doctoral Networks of the European Commission SCALE “Industry empowerment to Multiphase fluid dynamics simulations using Artificial intelligence and Statistical methods on modern hardware architectures at Scale” . The positions lasts three years and will offer to the recruited Doctoral Candidates (DCs) an exciting research and training programme, enhancing their career perspectives in both the academic and non-academic sector. The recruited DC will be enrolled in our PhD programme. In addition to the individual doctoral project, the DCs will benefit from a dedicated training programme comprising an integrated curriculum of local and network wide training activities related to the development of scientific knowledge and the enhancement of transferable skills.Responsibilities
(1) Execute the research plan as outlined in the Grant Agreement (GA)
(2) Prepare, write-up and submit on time the deliverables specified in the GA
(3) Communication with all SCALE partners for most efficient way of data collection, management, regression, storage, and manipulation so that they are recoverable and usable by all stakeholders of the consortium.
(4) Participation in the training sessions of the SCALE consortium.
(5) Prepare and make presentations of the work to City and at major meetings and Conferences, as specified by the project supervisor(s) and /or the PI of the project
(6) Work as a member of the research group within the discipline, playing a full part in the research life of the School of Science and Technology
(7) Take up other duties and tasks as may reasonably be assigned by the supervisor(s) and /or the PI (for example tutorials at all levels from UG year 1 to MSc)
(8) Prepare and report the outreach activities, as outlines in the GA and assigned by the supervisors(s)
(9) Prepare, compile, submit and follow-up of scientific publications that will be the result of the conducted research, following the University proceduresPerson Specification
1. Degree in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace, Chemical Engineering or Physics
2. Good knowledge of computational fluid dynamics
3. Knowledge of two-phase flow modelling approaches
4. A sound knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
5. Applicants should not have been living in the UK for more than 12 months in the last 3 years
6. Programming languages like C++, Fortran, Python etcAdditional Information
City offers a sector-leading salary, pension scheme and benefits including a comprehensive package of staff training and development.
Closing date: 06 December 2023 at 11:59pm.
The applicants will have to complete a technical essay prior to the interview. They should also make a presentation on their background experience in the advertised position.
City, University of London is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all its activities, processes, and culture for our whole community, including staff, students and visitors.
We welcome applications regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender identity, gender reassignment, marital status, nationality, pregnancy, race and ethnic origin, religion and belief, sex, sexual orientation and socio-economic background.
City operates a guaranteed interview scheme for disabled applicants.
The University of business, practice and the professions.Available documents