MANAGER-CLINICAL SIMULATION OPS - (T210015)
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is seeking a MANAGER-CLINICAL SIMULATION OPS in collaboration with the Director of Simulation and the Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation, will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of data, video, and simulation technology tools required to facilitate healthcare simulation experiences, streamline operation processes, and document laboratory activities. This person will function as a resource and assist with faculty and staff training. This person will be responsible for assessment of new technology and maintaining all data and simulation technology used in the clinical simulation lab. The Clinical Simulation Operations Manager collaborates with the leadership of the Office of Technology and Innovation to support the development of educational and information innovations across the curriculum. This position primarily reports to the Assistant Dean for Clinical Simulation and the Associate Dean for Technology and Innovation.
1. Collaborates with all Lab Coordinators to develop, implement, and maintain processes necessary for effective and efficient workflow and scheduling of simulation and skills activities. 2. Train and supervise faculty, staff, and student workers in the operation of simulation equipment
3. Serves as liaison between simulation and skills tactical and strategic planning and implementation.
4. Supports collection, management and dissemination of data related to simulation and lab activities.
5. Manage processes for ordering, receiving, and tracking all equipment and supply inventories.
6. Responsible for monitoring lab inventory levels to determine replenishment needs including negotiating with suppliers, and researching items
7. Facilitate programming, testing and running of simulation scenarios.
8. Map clinical, educational and operational processes, gather and analyze evidence-based data and effectively prepare information for unit reports.
9. Interface with internal IT department as well as equipment vendors in order to maintain and troubleshoot all lab equipment, to include hardware, software and patient simulators
10. Maintain proficiency in existing methods, as well as evaluate and identify opportunities to integrate cutting edge technologies into healthcare education
11. Collaborates with team on evaluation of emerging technologies.
12. Interfaces with the SON facility operations unit for infrastructure and office needs
13. Facilitates simulation and skills event setup and takedown.
14. Support and manage digital media hardware and software systems to facilitate educational and professional objectives.
15. Supervises lab personnel, including students, teaching assistant, and irregular staff for facilitation of simulation experiences. Facilitates tours for donors, recruiting faculty, and prospective students.
16. Collaborates with Office of Technology and Innovation leadership to support the development of educational and information innovations across the curriculum.
(Annual Salary: $55,180 - $89,670)
Bachelor's degree in a related field (i.e., healthcare, computer science, informatics) and three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may NOT substitute for education requirement.
Experience managing simulation technologies and healthcare background preferred. Strong working knowledge of system, network and database administration. Strong command of project management principles, procedures and best practices. Demonstrated skills in team leadership, employee development and interpersonal communication. Supervisory experience preferred. Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts and ideas in understandable terms to all levels of internal staff. Detail oriented. Ability to navigate and thrive in a fast-paced environment Self-motivated and works independently Communicates professionally and effectively with staff, faculty, and students. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to work in a matrix-management environment to achieve organizational goals. This is not a remote position.Primary Location
: UniversityJob Category
: Professional & ManagerialOrganization
: 343000000 Nursing Acad AffairsEmployee Status
Shift: Day/1st Shift
Work Arrangement (final schedule to be determined by the department/hiring manager): Onsite