M/F Post-Doctoral Position

Universities and Institutes of France

France

October 28, 2021

Description

  • Organisation/Company: CNRS
  • Research Field: Physics
  • Researcher Profile: First Stage Researcher (R1)
  • Application Deadline: 28/10/2021 23:59 - Europe/Brussels
  • Location: France › PESSAC
  • Type Of Contract: Temporary
  • Job Status: Full-time
  • Hours Per Week: 35
  • Offer Starting Date: 01/12/2021
  • The person recruited will guide and carry out experimental work in accordance with the mission within an industrial R&D laboratory 60% of the time and the remaining 40% within the framework of a joint industry/research laboratory within the public laboratory. Thus, the following activities stand out: - Scientific and technical realization of laser and fiber optic amplifiers - Management and conduct of the project. - Supervision of trainees, technicians... - Dissemination and presentation of results (writing of technical reports and scientific articles). Concerning the scientific and technical activity which is the most provided, the following tasks are listed: - Realization and characterization of fiber lasers. - Measurement and optimization of intensity noise - Study and reduction of noise and stabilization of laser power. - Study of resonant structures for frequency conversion. - Study of the parameters of non-linear cavities. - Control of resonant cavities - Implementation of a measurement bench dedicated to the characterization of resonant cavities.

    The mission is to conduct an experimental study on the development of high power and low noise fiber lasers. The first step is to develop innovative sources in the infrared range with fibers doped with Ytterbium or Erbium ions. Then the second phase is focused on the frequency conversion in the visible and ultraviolet by the study and the realization of adapted devices (sum, frequency doubling by simple passage and/or resonant). The intensity and frequency noise metrology is an important part of the characterization of the realized devices

    The candidate will join the LabCom Starlight+ team (https: // www. lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/labcom/labcom-starlight), within the photonics group (https: // www. lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/teams/photonics- systems) and the company AzurLight Systems (https: // azurlight-systems.com/) in Pessac. An important activity of this team is around low noise high power fiber lasers in a partnership research context. The dynamic research team of about 8 people is composed of professors, engineers and technicians, post-doctoral and doctoral students. The ratio of work time between the laboratory and the company is approximately 40/60. The project for which the person is recruited is financed by the French government's Recovery Plan.

    Eligibility criteria

    The skills required of candidates are those of an experimenter in optics and lasers: realization and characterization of fiber lasers (phase and power noise measurements). Here is the list of technical skills expected of an experimenter in optics and lasers: - Gaussian optics in free and guided space - non-linear optics - Notion of electronics. - Basic knowledge of automatism necessary for the realization and the adjustment of the various servo-controls. - Basic knowledge of low frequency analog electronics allowing the understanding of various electronic functionalities (servo circuits, photodetectors ...

    Web site for additional job details

    https: // emploi.cnrs.fr/Offres/CDD/UMR5298-GIOSAN-001/Default.aspx

    Required Research Experiences
  • RESEARCH FIELD
  • Physics

  • YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
  • None

    Offer Requirements
  • REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
  • Physics: PhD or equivalent

  • REQUIRED LANGUAGES
  • FRENCH: Basic

    Contact Information
  • Organisation/Company: CNRS
  • Department: Laboratoire Photonique, Numérique, Nanosciences
  • Organisation Type: Public Research Institution
  • Website: https: // www. lp2n.institutoptique.fr/
  • Country: France
  • City: PESSAC
  • Similar Jobs

    Leibniz-Gemeinschaft

    Germany Sep 24, 2021

    Add to favorites Read more...

    PhD Position (m/f/d)

    PhD Position (m/f/d) Leibniz-Institut für Plasmaforschung und Technologie (INP), Greifswald The INP is conducting basic research focusing on high frequency electrical by evaluating ion acoustic wave oscillations within the current signal, loop free electrical current...