The person recruited will guide and carry out experimental work in accordance
with the mission within an industrial R&D laboratory 60% of the time and the
remaining 40% within the framework of a joint industry/research laboratory
within the public laboratory. Thus, the following activities stand out:
- Scientific and technical realization of laser and fiber optic amplifiers
- Management and conduct of the project.
- Supervision of trainees, technicians...
- Dissemination and presentation of results (writing of technical reports
and scientific articles).
Concerning the scientific and technical activity which is the most provided,
the following tasks are listed:
- Realization and characterization of fiber lasers.
- Measurement and optimization of intensity noise
- Study and reduction of noise and stabilization of laser power.
- Study of resonant structures for frequency conversion.
- Study of the parameters of non-linear cavities.
- Control of resonant cavities
- Implementation of a measurement bench dedicated to the characterization of
The mission is to conduct an experimental study on the development of high
power and low noise fiber lasers. The first step is to develop innovative
sources in the infrared range with fibers doped with Ytterbium or Erbium ions.
Then the second phase is focused on the frequency conversion in the visible
and ultraviolet by the study and the realization of adapted devices (sum,
frequency doubling by simple passage and/or resonant). The intensity and
frequency noise metrology is an important part of the characterization of the
The candidate will join the LabCom Starlight+ team
(https: // www. lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/labcom/labcom-starlight), within the
photonics group (https: // www. lp2n.institutoptique.fr/en/teams/photonics-
systems) and the company AzurLight Systems (https: // azurlight-systems.com/)
in Pessac. An important activity of this team is around low noise high power
fiber lasers in a partnership research context.
The dynamic research team of about 8 people is composed of professors,
engineers and technicians, post-doctoral and doctoral students.
The ratio of work time between the laboratory and the company is approximately
The project for which the person is recruited is financed by the French
government's Recovery Plan.
The skills required of candidates are those of an experimenter in optics and
lasers: realization and characterization of fiber lasers (phase and power
Here is the list of technical skills expected of an experimenter in optics and
- Gaussian optics in free and guided space
- non-linear optics
- Notion of electronics.
- Basic knowledge of automatism necessary for the realization and the
adjustment of the various servo-controls.
- Basic knowledge of low frequency analog electronics allowing the
understanding of various electronic functionalities (servo circuits,
PhD Position (m/f/d) Leibniz-Institut für Plasmaforschung und
Technologie (INP), Greifswald
The INP is conducting basic research focusing on high frequency electrical
by evaluating ion acoustic wave oscillations within the current signal,
loop free electrical current...