AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATIONSTemporary contract 24 months Hautcharage Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
Do you want to know more about LIST? Check our website: https: // www. list.lu/
Discover our Materials department: https: // www. list.lu/en/materials/How will you contribute?
This position is developed in the frame of the Sustainable Composite Materials & Manufacturing (SCMM) Innovation Centre, supported by the Ministry of Research, the Ministry on Economy, and LIST. SCMM focuses its Research and Technology Developments on the challenges in transport sectors towards zero‐emission mobility solutions. The initiative is endorsed by large OEMs in the automotive, rail, aeronautic and space sectors (Toyota, Airbus, Thales Alenia Space and Alstom), which steer the centre's vision and endorse the R&T roadmap.
LIST's mission will then be to accelerate the use of bio-based and/or recyclable materials for ultra-lightweight functional parts, and to develop industrial processes with a low carbon footprint. These technological building blocks will be integrated in the form of demonstrators developed and constructed with the involvement of composite material manufacturers, members of the SCMM, concerning vehicle bodywork, interior panels, and structural vehicle components.
You must fulfill the following key requirements:
1. Natural Fiber Specialization: It is imperative that you demonstrate substantial experience and mastery in working with natural fibers within the realm of composite applications. This necessitates a strong foundation in the selection, preparation, and seamless integration of natural fibers into composite materials.
2. Technical Proficiency: you must possess an extensive technical background and expertise in mechanical characterization (tensile, bending, compression) and micromechanical characterization. This entails familiarity with a diverse array of characterization tools and techniques, including but not limited to FTIR, XPS, SEM, ESEM, AFM, microCT, TGA, DSC, DMA, among others.
3. Composite Manufacturing Skills: you should possess hands-on expertise in composite manufacturing and processing across a spectrum of techniques. This encompasses familiarity with methodologies such as resin infusion, pultrusion, compression molding, and others.
4. Technical Adaptability: you have the capacity for adaptability and innovation, particularly in the context of equipment modification and the design of laboratory and pilot-scale equipment. The expectation is to create customized equipment setups tailored to specific research requirements.
5. Collaborative and Communicative: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively within an international team are essential. Given the specialized nature of the work, effective communication and teamwork are pivotal in achieving research objectives.Do You Fit This Profile? Become Our Future Colleague! Apply Now!
If you possess a PhD in Materials Science or Materials Engineering , with a track record of both theoretical and practical competence in natural fiber- reinforced composite manufacturing, composite mechanics, and interface engineering, and are driven to undertake impactful, high-quality experimental research in conjunction with a diverse team of colleagues, we invite you to consider joining our team.
We are looking for a team player who can swiftly adapt to challenges by proposing innovative solutions, embraces the ideas of fellow researchers, and is accustomed to working diligently to meet project deadlines. If this description aligns with your professional background and approach, we encourage you to apply for this exciting job opportunity.Your LIST benefits
Your application must include:
Application procedure and conditions:
• Supervisor: Dr. Carlos Fuentes ([email protected]), Fiber Composites & Interfaces Group; Visiting Professor, KU Leuven
• Work location: Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST), Hautcharage, LuxembourgREQUIREDLANGUAGES
To be considered for this position it is crucial that you have knowledge of the following languages
Write C1 Advanced
Speak C1 Advanced
minimum required Education
Required work experience in years
0 or more years
Hours per week
Recruiter in charge