Senior Lecturer: £43,414 rising annually to £53,353. Lecturer: £37,474 rising annually to £40,931 Full Time, Permanent - Academic
The School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics at Oxford Brookes University provides an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive environment in which to work and study. The School has recently embarked upon a new strategy that has seen an increase in student numbers, the introduction of new degrees, and the establishment of new international partnerships.
Our industry-standard laboratories include Multimatic 4-post rig, and an enviable range of recent and historic race vehicles. We have also recently secured significant funding from the Office for Students, which enabled us to enhance our resources to include our state-of-the-art virtual reality Multiview Cave, Computer Integrated Manufacturing demonstrator, ABB robots and deep learning computing suite with more purchases planned.
We are looking for an inspirational and talented colleague with expertise in Vehicles Engineering, preferably an experienced user of Matlab/Simulink, ADAMS, AVL, VI grade or similar software modelling to join the team. If you have the ambition, ability and energy to make a difference through your teaching and research, then join our team and become part of our vibrant community of educators and researchers.
If you are an aspiring academic in Vehicles Engineering, then we have an opportunity for you!
You will be responsible for:
▪ Providing teaching on relevant advanced modules on undergraduate and postgraduate Engineering programmes;
▪ Supporting high levels of student achievement, and high levels of student satisfaction;
▪ Assisting the Head of School in the day-to-day management of the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics;
▪ Assisting implementation of the new programmes and development of new programmes and partnerships;
▪ Assisting implementation of University and Faculty/ School strategies for enhancing the student experience, including the enrichment of teaching and learning by research and professional engagement;
▪ Undertaking administrative duties commensurate with the role of module leader;
▪ Undertaking teaching and research/ scholarship in the School of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics.
You should have:
▪ A PhD or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
▪ A demonstrable track record of teaching excellence, and a proven track record in research/ scholarly activity;
▪ Excellent team working and communication skills.
How to apply:
Complete the online application form, attach your CV and publications list and provide a personal statement which includes examples of how your skills and experience meet each of the selection criteria in the person specification which are attached to the job description.
As one of the largest employers in Oxford we pride ourselves in the great experience we offer our staff. You'll be joining a friendly, professional environment where every member of staff is recognised as important to the success of Oxford Brookes University. To find out more about the benefits of working for Oxford Brookes please visit: www. brookes.ac.uk/job- vacancies/working-at-brookes.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
To email the post of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Vehicles Engineering to a friend please copy and paste the link below:
https: // my.corehr.com/pls/oburecruit/erqjobspecdetailsform.jobspec?pid=141660 Closing Date : 26-Feb-2023 Vacancy ID : 141660 Faculty or Directorate : Technology, Design and Environment Location : Wheatley Campus, Wheatley For more information : [email protected] Posted on : 27-Jan-2023