Position Title: Lecturer/Assistant Professor-Nursing
Position Number: 008078
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Department: School of Nursing
Posting Number: 0401255
SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Faculty)
Job Category: Professional
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Minimum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Maximum salary: Commensurate with Education and Experience
Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
The mission of the School of Nursing at Fayetteville State University is to
educate culturally competent, ethical, and caring nurses for a global society.
The School of Nursing is committed to educating graduates who will provide
evidence-based and patient-centered care… to promote the optimal health of
clients throughout the life cycle and in a variety of settings.
Description of Work Continued:
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The School of Nursing seeks a committed, scholar and nursing educator, capable
of contributing to the continued expansion of the RN-BSN degree program and a
four-year generic licensure program. The candidate must be able and willing to
teach across curricula.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Promotes rapport within the school, campus, and community.
2. Posts and keeps a minimum of 8 office hours per week that are convenient
to students who seek assistance with counseling, academic advising, and
3. Maintains punctuality in meeting assigned classes and clinical.
4. Models professional behavior and standards of practice while in the
5. Makes recommendations regarding equipment, software purchases, and
equipment maintenance contracts.
6. Participates in budget planning process.
7. Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
8. Participates in accreditation reviews and reports.
9. Participates in developing programs, evaluating and revising student
policies, organizational framework and revising curricular offerings.
10.Participates in publicizing and disseminating information about the
11. Participates in the orientation and advisement of students.
12. Serves as a member of the School of Nursing Committees.
13. Participate in university-wide committees when requested.
14. Serve as a mentor for nursing students.
15. Assists students with course scheduling and provides guidance in their
academic and personal development.
16. Develops remediation plans with students.
17. Schedules regular meetings with students who are at risk to be
unsuccessful in a course or the nursing program.
18. Implements syllabi, including course requirements and assignments, for
19. Participates in the evaluation of curriculum.
20. Develops assigned course and syllabi to reflect the School of Nursing
philosophy, theoretical constructs, course description, and objectives and
curriculum in conjunction with the nursing Associate Dean.
21. Demonstrates a command of the subject matter.
22. Participate in recruitment events.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Lecturer position must have an earned MSN from an accredited institution,
experience teaching nursing as well as experience teaching online.
Assistant Professor position must have an MSN; an earned doctorate from an
accredited institution, an extensive experience teaching nursing as well as
experience teaching online. The candidate must also have a publication record
sufficient for being eligible for tenure track.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Additional Information for Applicants
All new employees are required to have listed credentials/degrees verified
prior to employment. Transcripts should be provided for all earned degrees
and/or the degree which is being used to satisfy credential/qualification
requirements. Transcript requests are the responsibility of the candidate.
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment
background check. An employment background check includes a criminal
background check, employment verification, reference checks, license
verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational
opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants,
students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or
veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and
actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks
priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Do you have a MSN from an accredited institution?
Do you have experience teaching nursing as well as experience teaching online courses?
Do you possess an earned doctorate from an accredited institution?
Do you have a strong record of publications and research accomplishments that are related with your field of study? If yes, please describe.
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
Other Documents Continued