Job Title Learning Resources Center-Math, Faculty, Jackson County Campus
1. Provide instructional assistance in all areas of mathematics and in other
related areas as requested.
2. Provide tutoring to students on an individual basis or in a small group or
3. Develop materials that can be used by students in the Lab or made
available to students via the Learning Lab web site or through Canvas.
4. Maintain a 40-hour workweek in the Learning Lab on a flexible schedule to
include day and/or evening hours as assigned by the supervisor.
5. Foster coordination and cooperation between the Learning Lab and the
faculty from School of Mathematics, Data Sciences, & IT and other various
content-related college programs.
6. Attend all faculty meetings as requested.
7. Adhere to College policies and procedures relative to the operation of the
8. Maintain appropriate documentation for evaluating the Learning Lab
9. Participate in the acquisition of instructional materials and supplies
required in the lab.
10. Participate in the planning and evaluation of the Learning Lab.
11. Accept the responsibility for other related activities, duties, and
schedule as assigned by the supervisor.
12. Must be able to work additional (overload) hours as needed. This
includes day, evening, or weekend hours.
13. Perform other duties as directed by the supervisor and administration.
14. Meet all Employee Development requirements.
15. Demonstrate competency in technology.
Position Number 499564
The Learning Lab instructor's primary responsibility is to provide tutoring
services to all students needing assistance in all areas pertaining to
mathematics in the Jackson County Campus Learning Resources Center of
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College. This position reports to the campus
Assistant Dean of the Learning Resources Center.
MANDATORY: (M1) A minimum of a Master's Degree in Mathematics or a Master's
degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Mathematics from an accredited
institution of higher learning. (M2) Teaching and/or tutoring experience in
Mathematics. (M3) Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
(D1) Experience in Learning Lab setting teaching mathematics (D2) College
level teaching experience in Mathematics. (D3) Experience with online
educational platforms such as Canvas.
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
welcomes students and employees without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, age or qualified disability in its programs and
activities. The college complies with non-discriminatory regulations under
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Title IX, Education Amendments of
1972 of the Higher Education Act. For further information, contact the
Compliance Officer, P.O. Box 609, Perkinston, Mississippi 39573, telephone
number 601-528-8735, email address email@example.com.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College District serves a four-county
area with three major campuses, the Community Campus and four centers
including: Perkinston Campus, Perkinston, MS; Harrison County Campus,
Gulfport, MS; Jackson County Campus, Gautier, MS. Additionally, Mississippi
Gulf Coast Advanced Manufacturing and Technology Center, Gulfport, MS; Keesler
Center, Biloxi, MS; West Harrison Center, Long Beach, MS; and George County
Center, Lucedale, MS.
State and regional associations accredit Mississippi Gulf Coast Community
College, and several programs are accredited nationally. Offerings include
academic, technical degree, vocational skill and adult continuing education
Open Date 06/10/2021
Close Date 06/23/2021
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
For more information on the position, please contact (Name, Address, Phone,
Melissa Davis, 2300 US-90, Gautier, MS 39553, 228-497-7867,
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Documents Needed To Apply