Cedar Rapids, IA
Continuing Ed Instructor
Continuing Ed/Training Svcs
To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
Kirkwood Community College welcomes applicants for this position all year. Your application will be considered each time we have an opening in the subject area listed.
This position can be flexible around your availability. Classes are typically scheduled during the evenings and may run for several weeks.
The pay rate is variable dependent upon the assignment.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, the Continuing Education Instructor is responsible for facilitating the CNC Machinist Certificate Program for adults, ages 18+ and ensuring all students meet the objectives of the course. The instructor will have knowledge of tools, skills, and resources used in a modern manufacturing environment, including but not limited to CNC milling practices, CNC lathe practices, applied mathematics, critical thinking, and problem solving. Over the sixteen weeks of the course, the instructor will prepare students for four NIMS exams, delivering content and providing exemplary customer service through positive class interaction and meeting the participant needs.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Successfully facilitate the CNC Machining Certificate Program classes
• Coordinate NIMS exams with Kirkwood Test Centers.
• Plan, prepare, and monitor material usage for class instruction.
• Facilitate an outstanding participant experience by giving exemplary customer service. • Effectively communicate with participants and Continuing Education Staff. • Clean and straighten classroom before and after each class. • Answer questions and provide resources as appropriate to participants.
• Deliver course content and ensure that learning outcomes are met. • Complete all required paperwork as requested by Continuing Education Staff. • Perform other related work duties as assigned.
• Have a true excitement for helping participants learn. • Personify a commitment to exceeding expectations. • Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current participants, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. • Establish and maintain good working relationships with participants, staff and fellow Learning Facilitators. • Possess strong human relations skills and be able to interact with diverse personalities. • Communicate clearly, concisely, logically, and coherently orally and in writing. • Deal responsibly and effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions. • Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in a classroom setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching utilizing art equipment and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS :
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: [email protected].
Kirkwood offers a wide range of employee benefits. Read more about them here!
Kirkwood Community College
6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, 52404
https:// www. kirkwood.edu