ICFO is a research center located in the Mediterranean Technology Park in the
metropolitan area of Barcelona, and currently hosts 400+ people, including
researchers, PhD students and staff personnel. Today, in its area of
specialization and category, the institute is consistently ranked among the
highest-quality research institutions worldwide.
We are currently looking for an intern who will join the Knowledge and
Technology Transfer team reporting to the Head of Unit. The position is
offered with a duration of two years.
The main responsibilities (although not exclusive) for this position are to
provide support to ICFO's Knowledge and Technology Transfer unit through tasks
• Valorisation of technological assets.
• Generation of demonstrators and technical/commercial information in relation
to technological assets.
• Evaluation of the market potential of the assets.
• Participation in initiatives to monitor innovation at a European level,
conducting technological compatibility studies, and assessing possible
synergies between them.
• Management and supervision of scientific and technical facilities in the
context of providing technical services to third parties.
• Benchmarking the Institute's capacities, including those of its scientific
and technical services, at a European level.
Share this opening!
Use the following URL:
https: // jobs.icfo.eu/?detail=712
The position will be funded by the European Union-NextGeneration EU, through
the “Programa Investigo”. As per indicated in the mentioned program, the
candidates shall be between 16 and 29 years old, be officially unemployed at
the time of recruitment and not contractually linked to ICFO within the
previous 6 months.
In addition to the general requirements indicated in the “Programa Investigo”,
the appointee must have:
• A University degree o equivalent.
• Languages: English, Catalan and Spanish.
• Have organizational, planning and analytical skills.
• Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Have an eye for detail, responsibility, and an eager-to-learn attitude.
• Show demonstrated ability to perform tasks both, independently and as part
of a team.
• Have experience in project management.
• Strong interest in technology transfer.
• The opportunity to become a member of a dynamic and internationally
recognized research institution.
• Full-time two-year position.
• Salary according to the institutional salary scales, to profile indicated in
the call and background and experience of the candidate.
• ICFO is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are selected
exclusively on merit and potential on the basis of submitted application
material. No restrictions of persons with disabilities, citizenship or gender
apply to ICFO positions. ICFO abides by the principles of openness,
efficiency, transparency, supportiveness, and international comparability as
stated in the European Charter for Researchers and the European Code of
Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.
• ICFO is committed to promoting and ensuring a working environment where
individuals are treated with respect, equality and courtesy. In keeping with
this goal, ICFO will not tolerate any type of conduct or behavior considered
harassment or bullying. A Gender Equality Plan is in place at ICFO ensuring
implementation of good practices and continuous enhancement in gender equality
and work-life balance. More details: https: // www. icfo.eu/about-icfo/
The formal application should be submitted online via https:// jobs.icfo.eu.
Suitable candidates are requested to submit:
• Presentation letter with a declaration of interest.
• Curriculum Vitae, including contact details.
Candidates should be willing to be contacted by phone during the selection
process and may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for formal inquiries regarding the
The call will remain open until suitable candidates are identified.
For updated information about ICFO, please visit https:// www. icfo.eu
22nd of September, 2022