UNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System! The UNT System institutions include the University of North Texas (Denton & Frisco campuses), the University of North Texas at Dallas (Main & College of Law campuses) and the University of North Texas HSC in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, the UNT System enrollment has increased more than 25 percent to over 50,000 students.
Posting Title IT Student Assistant - Center for Media Production Department DAL-Office of Information Tech-530003 Job Location Dallas Full Time/Part Time Part-Time Pay Rate Salary Information Department Summary
The UNT Dallas Office of Information Technology department is looking for Student Assistants to assist Faculty, Staff, and students with technical support for the Center for Media Production, Events, Videoconferencing, and classroom technology. The person in this position will answer phones and troubleshoot AV, conferencing, and computer equipment as well as interact verbally and written with regards to university events and technology support. The person in this position will enter tickets into our ticket tracking system and track work through our service management system.
Administrative tasks, answer phone Basic to mid-level hardware troubleshooting Assist patrons inside the Center for Media Production with lab computers, software, and printing Monitor the usage and care of Center for Media Production facilities as well as all other duties as assigned.
Additional Posting Details
Currently enrolled UNT Dallas, UNT Dallas College of Law, HSC or UNT student in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward completion of a degree or certification program. Applicants must possess the following:
• Excellent customer service skills, as well as effective oral and written communication skills. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). • Some knowledge of office practices and procedures. • Demonstrated ability to comprehend and follow oral and written instructions accurately. • Good interpersonal skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds. • Responsible, reliable and punctual. • Ability to learn assigned tasks readily, to adhere to prescribed routines, and to develop some skill in the operation of common office equipment.
• I.T. background.
• Excellent oral & written communication skills for interaction with internal/external clients as well as colleagues.
• Good organizational & time management skills.
• Work effectively as part of a team.
• General office experience including computer proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Panopto, Zoom and/or other software.
• Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and able to responsibly complete assigned tasks.
• Good interpersonal communication skills and ease in relating to people from varying educational, cultural and social backgrounds.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and with the general public, and to deal with public relations problems courteously and tactfully.
• Ability to work with limited independence and initiative
Required License / Registration / Certification Work Schedule
Monday – Saturday with day and evening shifts available.
Driving University Vehicle No Security Sensitive This is a security sensitive position. EEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Physical Requirements Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number Stu363HP
Position End Date (if temporary) Special Instructions to Applicants Quicklink for Posting https: // jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/71786Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Documents Needed to Apply