Job Title Instructor, Nursing (9-Month) (Multiple Openings) ($10,000 Hiring Bonus)
SIGN -ON BONUSES OFFERED FOR THIS POSITION
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of N.C. Community College System's 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional person, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join our team!
Teaching faculty at Guilford Technical Community College are responsible for supporting student success by creating an optimum learning environment, responding to student needs, managing effective instructional activities, developing curriculum courses, modeling employability skills, demonstrating professionalism, developing cooperative work relationships with other faculty and staff, supporting college administrative requirements, and maintaining competency in their instructional field. Faculty members are responsible for quality instruction and for effective participation and interest in the total affairs of the college.
The full-time Nursing faculty member participates in the planning, implementation, evaluation, and revision of the program curriculum. This individual may also be assigned the responsibility of coordinating the efforts of a designated instructional team.
Teaching Prepare & teach departmental courses to include:
Professional Development Maintain a professional status that supports the instructional mission by:
Administration Provide daily & ongoing oversight of facilities, equipment and student records to include:
Student Support Provide an environment conducive to student success to include:
College Service Support college-wide endeavors to include:
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
Difficult Challenges Contacts Education Required
The Instructor shall possess an understanding of and commitment to the nature and role of the Community College, particularly its “open door” policy. He/she shall have demonstrated personal and professional competence for the responsibilities assigned. The Instructor must be able to:
1. Multi-task 2. Respect Diversity 3. Adapt to changing procedures, protocols or assignments 4. Create and maintain a learner centered environment 5. Communicate effectively 6. Effectively implement and apply technology solutions
KSA Preferred Department/Job Specific Requirements
Mandatory GTCC Trainings (upon initial hire) and annual updates as required; other required trainings may be added as needed):
1. Reporting Requirements 2. Discrimination & Anti-Harassment (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter) 3. Shooter on Campus (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter) 4. Personal Information Protection (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter) 5. Ethics and Social Responsibility (within 30 days of hire; annual refresher thereafter) 6. eLearning Level One in canvas before the first day of the first semester teaching 7. eLearning Level Two in canvas for instructors who teach online or hybrid delivery methods before the first day of the first semester teaching in that format
Nursing Department Trainings: 1. Bloodborne pathogens/personal protective equipment (yearly) 2. American Heart Association BLS automatic electronic defibrillator/CPR certification (renewal every 2 years)
1. Acceptable results on background screening consisting of Criminal Background Check (CBC), Office of Inspector General Review (OIG), and 12 panel drug screen (upon hire).
1. Physical Requirements a. Hear and see b. Stand extended periods of time c. Stoop, bend, squat, lift, reach overhead
2. Use and manipulate nursing equipment according to industry standards. Meet the health requirements of clinical partners
3. Stay abreast of, meet, and maintain CDC and/or Occupational Health and Safety Standards for employees, students, and visitors
4. Work hours may include day, evening, weekend responsibilities
5. Travel may be involved
Posting Type Faculty
Posting Detail InformationPosting Number 2023-039-REG-P
Open Date 04/28/2023 Close Date 05/28/2023 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit the following: 1. RN License 2. Documentation to support the NCBON teaching/learning requirement 3. Transcripts
This job is campus-based and requires the instructor to be on campus for classes.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().