Position Title Instructor in Computer Science: Communication and Project
Posting Number F274P
Type of position Limited Term
Department/Unit Computer Science
About the opportunity
The Faculty of Computer Science is seeking candidates for a 3-year limited
term instructor position to begin on or around July 1, 2022 (negotiable).
This position will primarily involve delivering courses on technical
communication skills and project management at both undergraduate and graduate
levels; as well as participating in Faculty administration. The successful
applicant will be engaged in the planning and coordinated delivery of courses
· CSCI 2100 – Workplace Communication for Computer Science
· CSCI 2690 – Introduction to Software Projects
· CSCI 5100 – Communicating Computer Science Ideas
The successful candidate for this position must meet the following
· At least a Master's degree in a relevant discipline,
· Experience in teaching communication and project management at the
university level; delivery of industry or similar training programs, as well
as other forms of recognized educational practice (e.g., seminars, online
course development) will be considered for applicants with strong and diverse
Additional desirable qualifications include:
· A history of excellence in teaching communication skills and project
management to large and diverse audiences.
· Ability to motivate the need for communication and project management skills
in the ICT industry.
· Demonstrated strengths in written communication, spoken communication,
inter-personal communication, and project management in workplace settings.
· Experience in managing IT projects or related project management.
· Experience in teaching large numbers of ESL students.
· Experience or interest in technology-related fields such as computer
science, engineering, history of science and technology, or related fields.
· Experience in academic administration, committee work, and student advising.
Eligible candidates should apply for this position with a package including a
(i) C.V. or resume; (ii) cover letter; (iii) the addresses and emails of
three references; and (iv) a teaching dossier or project portfolio, if
applicable. Application review will begin January 9, 2022. Candidates should
be prepared to have their referees forward their letters of reference upon
request. Consideration of complete applications will continue until a suitable
candidate is identified.
Dalhousie University is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in
diversity and inclusiveness. The university encourages applications from
Indigenous persons, persons with a disability, racially visible persons,
women, persons of a minority sexual orientation and/or gender identity, and
all candidates who would contribute to the diversity of our community. For
more information, please visit https: // www. dal.ca/hiringfordiversity. All
qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent
residents will be given priority.
Open Date 11/23/2021
Close Date 01/09/2022
Open Until Filled Yes
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Documents Needed to Apply
Résumé / Curriculum Vitae (CV)
List of referees