Job Title Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant I & II
Posting Number 1294
Job Schedule Part Time
Job Shift Varied
OCR Code / Classification 2 - Instructor - Faculty
Job Description Summary
The Part-Time Instructor, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) I & II will lead
or assist with instruction in State Approved NA 1 classes and NC Board of
Nursing NA 2 classes. The instructor will prepare students to become
certified. Primary responsibilities will be to assist with all classes and
clinicals. Prior to employment, the instructor will have to receive DHSR State
Approval and NC Board of Nursing Approval.
Positions available for daytime and evening classes.
1. Associate's Degree or higher in Nursing or a related field. Note: Degrees
and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Dept of Education accepted
accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. Two years or more of experience as a Registered Nurse.
3. Licensed to practice as a registered nurse in North Carolina with an
4. CPR certification.
5. Meets at least one of the following:
- Completion of a course in teaching adults.
- Experience teaching adults OR
- Experience in supervising nurse aides.
1. Bachelor's Degree or higher in Nursing or a related field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may
• Assume responsibility for, be familiar with and adhere to all policies of
• Be familiar with and adhere to the policies and regulations for the
Certified Nursing Assistant Program.
• Model effective communication skills to foster student-teacher interactions
and provide appropriate supervision to class, lab and clinical settings.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community
college philosophy and mission.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee will need to regularly operate and use computers, phones and
other electronic equipment.
• The employee will frequently communicate with other employees and students
and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• The employee may need to move around their office and / or campus to attend
meetings / classes and to access files, machinery or other job related tools.
• The employee may need to lift and/or move equipment, tools or paperwork up
to 25 pounds.
• The employee may need to position themselves by reaching, stooping, kneeling
or crouching in order to adjust or collect equipment and/or supplies
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision,
distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Open Date 05/27/2021
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
If you need assistance, please contact HR at 336-734-7302. AA/EOE.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Are you licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in North Carolina with an unencumbered license?
Do you meet at least one of the following? - Completed a course in teaching adults. - Experience teaching adults OR - Experience in supervising nurse aides.
Cover Letter/Letter of Application