Posting Number 201900063P
Title Instructor - BSN Program
Position Number AC09023
We are currently seeking highly qualified professionals for faculty positions
in the following areas:
· Medical-Surgical Nursing
· Obstetrical Nursing
· Pediatric Nursing
· Psychiatric Nursing
· Gerontological Nursing
· Related Didactic/Conceptual courses
Under direct supervision of the Director of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing
(BSN) degree program, the BSN Faculty member is responsible for providing
quality instruction to students by ensuring clinical education, supervision,
and evaluation of students. The BSN Faculty member will participate in
didactic and clinical instruction of Prelicensure BSN and RN-BSN students and
provide a contribution to the education of adult learners in the field of
nursing. Additionally, the nursing faculty will seek to secure external
funding to support their scholarly activities and engage in community service
initiatives The faculty coordinates all aspects of the nursing educational
process (skills/simulation lab, lectures), teaches psychomotor skills in the
clinical setting, and incorporate technology and simulation experiences into
· Plan, develop, and use a variety of teaching methods and materials that
assist students in meeting course objectives and which are appropriate for
students with differing educational and experiential backgrounds and learning
· Develop and distribute course syllabi and participate in the development of
required documents such as college, self-studies, and BRN/CCNE reports/site
· Participate in the ongoing planning, development, implementation, evaluation
of the BSN program; and in the coordination and oversight of clinical
· Evaluate nursing students to measure their progress toward achievement of
stated course objectives and inform them of their progress in the course in a
· Maintain current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies
through continuing professional development, maintains expertise in the
subject area, and recommends improvements in curriculum design.
· Correlate clinical education with didactic education.
· Cooperates with clinical partner institutions to assure optimal clinical
training opportunities for students.
· Advise, mentor, and support students. Evaluate students per program policy.
· Participate in the assessment process and development of student learning
outcomes (SLOs) and assessment cycles.
· Participate with the Program Director in periodic review and revision of
clinical course materials.
· Maintain current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student
· Support faculty governance.
· Assist with the direction of student activities ordinarily associated with
an instructional nursing program on a University level.
· Keep accurate student records and submit related reports and forms within
requested timelines; maintain necessary records and documents.
· Participate in Nursing Department and University committees as assigned and
participate in community meetings as required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Regionally accredited master's degree in nursing required. Doctoral degree
preferred. Doctoral-prepared applicants may be expected to show evidence of
scholarly achievement, including publications and professional presentations,
a proven track record in peer-reviewed and externally funded research, and
prior academic work.
· Current, valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of California.
· 2-5 years of related experience required; and/or 1-3 years of clinical
experience in one of the clinical specialty areas within the past 5 years.
· PC literate with the ability to utilize the MS Office platform, including
· Ability to type 50wmp
· Good organization skills.
· Good grammatical skills.
· Good customer service skills.
· Good time management skills.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.
Number of Vacancies 2
Charles R. Drew University is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity.
Applicants will be considered without regard to gender, race, age, color,
religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital
status, disability or covered veteran status.
Fair Chance Statement
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science will consider qualified
applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent
with state and local “Fair Chance” laws.
Open Date 07/16/2021
Open Until Filled (overrides close date if active) No
Special Instructions to Applicants
· CLASSIFICATION AND STATUS: In addition to California Code of Regulations
(CCR) Section 1425, all faculty must meet CCR section 1424(h), which
states nursing faculty members whose teaching responsibilities include subject
matter directly related to the practice of nursing shall be clinically
competent in the area to which they are assigned and Section 1420(d), which
defines clinically competent to mean that a nursing program faculty member
possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience
ordinarily possessed and exercised by staff level registered nurses of the
clinical unit to which the faculty member is assigned.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
Public Job Posting
Internal Job Posting
Do you have a regionally accredited master's degree in nursing?
Do you have at least 2-5 years of related experience and/or 1-3 years of clinical experience in one of the clinical specialty areas listed within the past 5 years?
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have knowledge of and or experience in accreditation and board licensure/certification requirements for clinical programs and participate in receiving and maintaining requirements?
(Open Ended Question)
Do you have at least five years in administration and nursing accreditation; with at least two years in a pre or post-licensure nursing program, and one year as a Registered Nurse providing direct patient care?
Do you have a current, valid license as a Register Nurse; and/or a Nurse Practitioner in the state of California?
Have you worked remotely before and do you have experience working with a remote team?
(Open Ended Question)
Are you PC or Mac proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application